Local tuners

I’ll burn you a base map, but im not responsible for it lololol.

:rofl

:rofl[/quote]

Beat me to it :rofl

you get what you pay for

if its a ebay kit, look forward to replacing everything within a few months\

if your going to have some noob tune it, expect to replace the motor

long story short…get a synapse turbo kit and have morgan tune it

I recommend NRGtech in West Babylon, NY thats who does my tuning.

Good post.

Morgan definately knows his stuff. Also, from talking with him several times, he seems to stray towards safety and not make the big numbers that would put the car at risk.

This is very true.

Morgan is one hell of a stand up dude, I don’t know if he’s changed at all since I last saw him but he treated wh3els and I as his friends…

I’ll swing by the shop and it’s like hanging with the bros.

Actually, no. Besides the fact that I know dozens of people with eBay kits putting out good numbers, my buddy is actually going with a GOautoworks kit. If you’ve never heard of them, look them up. Reliable stuff.

If I wanted your guys opinion on what tuning software to use, I would have asked. Im asking if there are any local Crome tuners. Not who I “should” have tune it…

they gave you the answer…

Synapse… as far as I know thats really the only place your going to get a tune on that thing withing the area…

I know Dave at inline does some tuning, i have no idea if he’ll touch a car he doesnt know thou.

I don’t know of any crome tuners anywhere in this area. Probably closer toward the city.

You were also under the assumption neptune cost 600 dollars so I figured you needed some more information about tuning software.

Seriously just goto Synapse and go with neptune, its $100 more and you have the peace of mind of knowing a reputable tuner did the work and hes in your backyard if anything goes wrong. Thats worth more than $100 in my book, much more.

Interested in turboing a V8. Does synapse get into that?

Well thats the quote my buddy got from Synapse. I made no ‘assumption’. If I wanted opinions, I would have asked for them.

And Synapse is nowhere near my ‘backyard’. Im up in Queensbury (yes, the 518 area code does go up past Clifton Park/Saratoga. Not everyone on this forum is down in the Colonie area). Synapse is a good 30-40 minute drive from me.

Dude you’re effing lucky if your local tuner that specializes in your setups is only 40min away. I haven’t driven less than three hours to get a tune.

So… upon searching “518 Car Forums” and searching “Tuning”… it lead me to this thread… what are the odds (apparently pretty good)…

I am the guy that will be visiting Sady to boost my Honda. It currently has a JDM B18B with ~45k on it, that Sady helped/did 95% of the work to put in. He’s also done a LOT of work on the car previously, including an auto to manual conversion, a Vtec conversion back when I had the D-series, etc. He has also swapped his old car as well, so he is defffffinitely knowledgable about Hondas.

Did a compression test yesterday and got perfect numbers across all cylinders.

Let me start by saying this is not a cheap turbo setup. I have spent about $2900 so far, not including tuning.

I’ve been in close contact with Greg, owner go Go-Autoworks. He is a very reliable and reputable guy and very active on ClubCivic forums. I’ve talked with him, and will soon be getting a Garrett T3/T4 50 Trim .48 a/r, Iron Cast mani, HKS BOV, 3" dp, etc etc. Picked up some DSM 450cc blue tops, a Mishimoto radiator, Omni Power 4 BAR Map Sensor (a little more than what I need, but whatever), EBC slotted rotors with “Red Stuff” Brake Pads, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, new gaskets, Pre-chipped P75 OBD1 ECU, etc. I still have a few things to get, but I have most of what I need.

Neptune is indeed $600 from Synapse or whatever that place was called… but that includes the software as well. I will most likely be going with them, I just want to see what other options around the area are.

So, instead of bashing on the setup, etc… do you guys know any other tuners local (in the 518, at least… I am from MA), that do tuning as well. Keeping this on topic fellas!

Thanks.

no.

I drove my car 4 hours one way to have a cam installed/dyno tuned. Dropped it off, drove back home, went out and picked it up 2 days later. I did this twice.

get over it. 40 minutes isn’t shit.