Local tuners

I hear ya, My installer lives off of the exit before platsburgh on the northway. I go up there for all the stuff i cant handle or he comes here. My tuner i’ve been working with lives in wisconsin. All email stuff, never had the car on a dyno yet. hopefully soon.:excited:excited

11.0 @132 …ebay turbo kit…:wink:

its still going to cost you around $600 for a dyno tune.If you went with crome you need a chipped ecu $125, Crome Pro $150, at least 2hr of dyno time if nothing goes wrong $300.
you end up paying $575 anyways.

Wrong. We’re going to be boosting my car, not his (yet, anyways =P). I live in MA, about two hours from Sady. I work every day like a normal person, so this will be happening on a weekend. Which means we need to get it to a tuner and get it back same day, and NOT be far away. 40 Minutes isn’t bad no, but doing something like you did, dropping it off and picking it up two days later would be a big deal.

what part of MA do you live i live in chicopee, MA. i was kidding about the ebay kit so dont take that to heart, the go autoworks kits seem like a good quality.

what did the $600 include? i could see $600 for tuning and neptune, or neptune RTP maybe which is definately a much higher quality unit and worth a lot more than crome. sady directly compared neptune to the price of crome pro which is something like $150 so you arent going to save $450 which is what it seemed like he was saying.

i just find it odd sometimes when people have one of the best honda tuners in the country right in their backyard and they are looking for someone else, particularly just to save a buck, meanwhile there isnt much money to be saved because the software is so cheap and the tuning prices dont vary much for a quality tune.

:retardclap

I’m another hour NORTH of you brah and travel to Albany AT LEAST once a week for various things. Suck it up and make the ‘good’ 30-40 min trip, or find another hobby.

Its not that he’s trying to “save a buck”, he’s just exlporing other options. He’s out in Pittsfield, BTW.

Would you like a cookie? Im sorry that you live so far north yet spend alot of your time in Albany. Thats not my problem, and has nothing to do with the original topic. If you guys would actually read my original question, and answer it instead of giving me your (what you think is professional) opinion, I wouldnt be sitting here typing this response.

go to synapse please.

Sady…sent you a PM

You mean Sady, right? lol

lol yea

I know down south an hour or two is Xenocron Tuning Solutions. The guys there seemed pretty good when JVG and I were there for EFI 101.

Your CLOSEST, BEST bet is Synapse, like it or not. Sure, there are other tuners in the area, like C&C and ASS, but they don’t specialize in setups like yours or motors like yours.

I do have all the equipment to run crome and make chips. I dont have my dyno up and running yet , but if this is your typical Dsm 450cc injectors with a 255 pump and stock map sensor, i have a couple diffrent tunes for that and can dial in the AFR. Pretty much conservitive timing. Rob had the same setup in his integra which ran 12.7@108 all day long on 10psi.

Such a great budget setup for a “quick” Honda. I can’t even imagine how many are out there now with this exact setup…

I think he’s going with a 2.5mbar MAP. Dunno about what size injectors yet. We’re thinking next week sometime to head down to your shop and talking about everything. But it’ll be a stock internal JDM B18b though, so I know he’s not looking for crazy amounts of power. 250ish I think…

close… got a 4 BAR MAP sensor… it was cheaper than the 2.5 haha. Brand new by Omni Power, so why not… And I have DSM 450cc ‘Blue Top’ Injectors on the way, will be here tomorrow. Stock internals.

And yes, 250 is my goal =P

This forum isn’t really Honda friendly, is it? :retardclap

Arodracing, I will be calling you soon to discuss a little bit, though Sady and I will plan on visiting your place soon to see whatsup, most likely sometime next week.

There are more Honda’s on here than anything else. Some of the fastest cars on here are Honda’s…

Doesn’t mean it’s Honda friendly lol, just means Honda’s are the most populated… which is typically what you’ll see at any non make/model specific car forum lol. Because everyone and their damn grandmother (literally) own Honda’s.

Good to know there are some nice Honda’s on here though!