Personal tuning?

Who personally tunes on here? I am looking to get into tuning my own car. Tired of BS of going to a tuner and getting fucked around. I am looking to tune with Neptune RTP. I am totally new to this besides reading every damn site I can on it. Looking for some info on getting started.

There’s a few guys on here who tune cars (that I’d trust). I am one of them, although I have not used that system. Tuning is a general knowledge though, so that’s not a big deal. Just have to figure out where the maps/scales/fields are that need to be changed and modify them accordingly.

Are you starting from scratch or modifying a tune you currently have?

Who is up for hire for fixing megasquirt? :ninja

What’s wrong with it Vlad?

Currently tuned by Synapse. Believe it to be not RTP though. I’d want to tune it my self for now on. It ran good before the head went. I wanted to go with Pro 1 cams til I was denied by Synapse to retune it on neptune. I cant see changing to Hondata because they decide not to support there products anymore. So its basically running on a decent basemap with stock gsr cams once again. But its not running up to par like it should be.

will you have to pay for a new tune if you switch to the s300 or retune rate? either way its not right specially that they still list neptune on their website, which is false advertisment.

this looks very legit if you got the money and time http://www.efi101.com/about.html

They want me to swap to S300 which would force me to buy s300 plus a retune and I am sure theres a install fee for the Hondata daughter board (which I can do anyways). So in the end I would be spending another grand just to retune for cams…not happening. Hondata is more expensive then Neptune, and honestly theres not much that Hondata even offers compared to RTP.

That one seems more geared towards GM then anything.

Thats not true. I took the 101 class with cossey a little over a year ago. Great info. For the tuning portion they actually showed and played with a K20 swapped EF Civic Hatch

+1 Took both the 101 and Advanced classes last year. Great courses, no BS and the classes are small enough that you get some decent hands on and questions answered. Students from all over the world, varying skill levels but I was the only one not affiliated with either a shop or a legitimate racing team (read NHRA). Would recommend to anyone whether youve been tuning for 10 minutes or 10 years. /commercial

Arod at ccc tunes with neptune. He is gonna be doing my car tomorrow.

The reason that Neptune is being phased out is because it has had numerous flakey issues that are a hassle to deal with and not worth using. The hondata is generally rock solid and that’s important to have.

Understood. But I should have the option to be retuned on it and not forced into buying something else at higher cost. Just as I was suppose to get a call back on the issue , and never received that call. That’s pretty much a go fuck your self answer to me. I’m not bashing them. But I think if you sell the software to people you should at least support it.