Anyone have Neptune?

Does anyone around here have neptune yet? Kind of interested in it and checking it out/discussing it with someone who has experience with it.

Thanks

I have it right now actually. What do you want to know?

I’ve talked to James about becoming a dealer, but its a lot of money and eCtune just started getting popular which i might try instead…

anything you could tell me about it. Pro’s/Con’s, how you like it and would be nice to see it actually. Do you have the RTP or no? I just started researching a little last night on HT and haven’t read that far yet but from what i’ve read is that it’s about comparable to Hondata s300 and alot cheaper.

What setup are you running it on turbo or N/A car?

Running it on an ITB’d GSR motor. It is very intuitive, interface is similar to Crome, as so many options I have no idea if I’d ever use all of them. You are welcome to come check it out personally. The software itself is free, go to hrtuning.com and download it and tinker with the software. PM me if you want to see it

do you know is it compatable with vista?

It’s fine that I’m aware of. I’ll check for sure though

I am also running neptune

not being a dick but have you run or are going to i know you’ve been trying to put a setup together, but your input is still welcome with whatever you know about it or advice you can give

not being a “dick” either but this will be my third set up and im not trying. i am doing a nother setup. Previous setups have been on stock internals so i never got envolved in rebuilding untill last year. Yes i have ran neptune for the past 2 yrs. Evans tuned my first set up back in the fall of 06 on Neptune, I personally never had any major problems with it. Im not to crazy about the 2-step built into it just for the pure fact that it is not very agressive and technically its not supposed to engage untill full throttle but i have noticed its more like 75% throttle which kinda messes with you when your doing a burnout in the waterbox. So to counteract this i usually just use the 2-step to begin the burnout instead of freereving. The temperature correction doesnt seem to be 100% efficient either but it could be just the tune. Hope this helps and maybe next time you wont look at me like i dont kno anything. :slight_smile: goodluck with it

baldy your such a dick, haha. Ive ran it for 2 years as well loved it and never had any problems with it, i do believe that it was the tune on yours baldy cause duddy’s 2 step never has any problems and i remeber my first tune with neptune the 2 step worked perfectly, when i had it re-tuned i noticed a lil diffence in the engagement of the 2 step feature as per throttle postion than the prevous tune. the datalogging worked really well too if you have a laptop. i was using a dual stage boost controller and neptune handled that perfectly as well.

thanks for the kind words geno…:finger: