Anyone make Jerky or Smoke meat (no gay shit please)

Like the title says I was wondering if anyone on this board dehydrated their own jerky or smoked meat ? If so what are you using and how do you like it ?

i make it all the time, jerky in the dehydrator, and i use my smoker for everything else.

TC my parents have a pretty big smoker in the backyard, you can use it if you’d like

fuck now u guys got me wanting to smoke something now.

Id like to see what you guys are having sucess with. I was going to hit up sears and see what they had available but from what I can see the dehyrdators look kinda chinsey. But at the same time what are you guys using electric, gas, chara for the smoker ? Im also going to be picking up a decent deli slicer when Im out and about. 120w stainless min. Buick Gn what are you using for a setup ?

Thank you for the offer thats deff generious.

food dehydrator. usually marinate the meat the day before

works great

I have an american harvest dehydrator and a Bradley Smoker.

Any good local places have them in stock besides sears ? What would you go with chara, gas, wood, or electric. I plan on using the dehyrdator more, but than again who knows.

gander mtn is good for good made smokers, you get what you pay for, like anything else.

Char is good, id stay away from electric, even propane is better than the electric ones.

I think im going to get a chara because you always seem to get better taste and its going to be cheaper to operate and maintain.

I think gander mountain had some good deals a little while back

yea from what I can see the bradly smokers are alittle more the quality looks alot better but they are electric. But is some ways I see the pros and cons of it. I think the electric way be the way to go because it will be virtual little to no clean up, alot easier to have a constant temp, and it seems like they are put together better. Any comments ? I still up in the air on a dehydrator tho. Seems like alot of them are kinda cheaoly mad but at the same time I don’t need a massive one.

wow… there really is a forum for everything.

Cool.

my dehydrator is electric. bought it a long time ago but works great has maybe 5 or 6 stacks to load whatever it is your dehydrating. never had a problem with it and everyone loves the jerky.

If i had to do it again ig get a big green egg, bar none one of the best smokers out there.

Yeah mine is electric The only thing i like are the smoke disks that bradly uses. Constant heat tho, and im lazy so charcoal is not for me :slight_smile:

yea thats a nice feature on the bradly but i think its over priced

well u get what u pay for, cheap kmart/wallmart/target smokers will rust in a year, and they are not built well

Our smoker is home built. We use wood, it does the job