anyone making an outdoor ice rink

since we are going to be “freezing” for at least the next 10 days or so just curious if anyone is making an icerink in their backyard or somewhere?

i wanna make the hadley parking lot @ UB a ice rink… :slight_smile:

got a fire hydrant wrench? :snky:

My neighbor does it every year, weather permitting.

address?

It’s a rather small one, its mainly for his kids probably 6 people max on the ice.
Can’t say the address, its his property…

Como Park freezes a little pond that u can skate on…i dunno if its frozen this year

i was thinking about turning on a hose full blast during the middle of the night… and putting it out there… and then checkign the next morning see what happens

:tup: try that first. the fire hydrant thing actually endangers peoples lives and is illegal.

last night would have been the night to do it.

opening a hydrant would not leave very smooth ice. A regualar hose would be the way to go.

WTF

Pond hockey this year at my house
shall we set up a meet?

I have 1 of 6 ponds to choose from, including one you could literally fit two ice rinks on.

Although i think the only one frozen over to date solidly is the shallower (sp) pond.

union pleasent school in hamburg freezes there giant yard in to a pond

ill play goalie

sounds good i will play

in with 2 others.

/\ /\ /\ you still need to get your ass to skate and shoot :slight_smile: i’m going monday-wed this week :slight_smile:

meh. I live by buff state, and go to ub. that rink is like 30 minutes from my house, and probably 45 from school.

buff state is right down the street, and pepsi center is like 8 minutes from south campus. pepsi has 12-1:50 and 2-3:20 every weekday, so I usually hit that up

looks like i didn’t have to toss the hose out there. fire alarm, i had to go outside , coming back in I FUCKING BIT IT. shits pretty slick already

Hmm, I didn’t realize that it was going to be below freezing that long. I may have to do this in my back yard.