Anyone need a carfax??

I have an unlimited carfax check for 30 days… if anyone wants one let me know. I figure if you want to send me a 1 time $5 paypal, I’d appreciate it, then I’ll check all the vehicles you want. Can’t really go wrong, since it’s $25.00 for this service. I figured I could recoup some losses and you get a carfax for $5. It’s a win/win.

Post up the vins or PM them to me, if you’d like.

I’ll have one for you when I get home… Don’t people usually offer this for free once they’ve signed up for their own? :gotme:

$5 PayPal isn’t bad, just saying most people offer it for free.

Well if they want to offer it free they can… whats wrong with trying to recoup a little bit of money?? I mean it’s $5 for $25 worth of service. I don’t think I’m ripping anyone off here :gotme:

Because once you’ve done more than 5, you’ll be MAKING money off it, which might qualify NYSpeed for a kick-back. Talk about a hassle, once the mods are on your case. Next thing you know you wake up next to a horse’s head, you see helicopters everywhere you go, and what’s that clicking sound when you’re on the phone?

Well here’s the thing… you’re still getting a carfax for $5. When I came up with this idea, I figured if 2 people out there wanted the carfax done, that would bring my payment down to $15. I didn’t plan on more than 5 people wanting it done, but what am I going to do if they want it, charge the first 5 people $5 and the rest get it for free? Some people will be pissed.

And why would I have to give NYSpeed a kick-back? People sell things on here all the time, what makes this any different. Carfax isn’t one of our advertisers, so that can’t be the problem.

I am not being a dick here, I’m just saying if you want a carfax and don’t want to pay the $25, here is an alternative… people don’t have to get it if they choose it’s too expensive.

You’d be the advertiser, CarFax has their money from you. You’d be the one making money from NYSpeed. I don’t really care, in fact, here’s a VIN I’d like checked out:

IJ4FY19S4VP549061
Should be a 1997 Jeep Wrangler.

What’s your PayPal?

eclipsercng@aol.com is the paypal

Good News – Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

ACCIDENT CHECK

1. Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    Other Accident Indicators Accident Indicator Reported

2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK
    Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
    Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found

3. LEMON CHECK®
    No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 2 Estimated Owner(s)
    Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Personal Vehicle

5. RECALL CHECK
    JEEP Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX

6. WARRANTY CHECK
    No Coverage Remaining on Basic Warranty. Interested in an Extended Warranty?

Accident Indicators Detail:
Date:
12/01/1997

Source:
New York Police Report Accident Reported

Detail:
Vehicle involved in crash
with an earth element/ditch

I’ll send the whole long thing in a PM, this is the jist of it.

So what do you think that means? Maybe someone got it stuck and the police showed up, and gave him a ticket, which showed up on a CarFax? Maybe? Am I being too lenient?

It won’t let me PM it to you for some reason, so here’s the rest of the info.

Let me know if this doesn’t come out right or if you need more information from it. I think I got it all.

Good News – Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee!

No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This SUV has had 2 owners and was owned in New York. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It was involved in an accident in New York that was reported to the police.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 14,235 miles per year, which is slightly lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 06/28/2005, was 111,342 miles.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.
Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary

1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    Other Accident Indicators Accident Indicator Reported

2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
    Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found

3. LEMON CHECK®
    No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 2 Estimated Owner(s)
    Type of Owners Originally Registered as a Personal Vehicle

5. RECALL CHECK
    JEEP Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX

6. WARRANTY CHECK
    No Coverage Remaining on Basic Warranty. Interested in an Extended Warranty?
    DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 16 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
    Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
Junk Title Flood Damage Title
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061) had accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Frame Damage Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported
Police Accident Record Reported No Collision Repair Facility Record Reported

Accident Indicators Detail:
Date: Source: Detail:
12/01/1997 New York Police Report Accident Reported
Vehicle involved in crash
with an earth element/ditch

New York Police Reports:
Do not include an assessment of damage severity
Are required if the estimated damage exceeds $1000
Are released to CARFAX approximately 3 months after the accident date. At times, New York may have a backlog that will affect how quickly some accident records are displayed on the Vehicle History Report.

According to the National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2003 edition, 12% of the 243 million registered vehicles in the U.S. were involved in an accident in 2002. Over 90% of these were considered minor or moderate.
CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 24.Oct.2005 20:27:11. New data will result in a change to this report.
Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061).

Date: Mileage:
10/16/1997 239
10/05/1999 42,592
05/16/2000 52,919
06/19/2001 65,903
03/19/2002 66,101
04/09/2002 71,850
07/05/2002 72,222
06/22/2004 98,588
06/28/2005 111,342

Average miles driven per year 14,235 CARFAX AdvisorTM Compare this vehicle’s average annual mileage to the industry average of 15,000 miles per year. Use this comparison to determine how this vehicle was driven.

Do you know this vehicle’s current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061) had 2 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle’s title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 10/16/1997 New York
2nd owner 07/05/2002 New York

CARFAX AdvisorTM
The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061) was checked for 8 types of registrations.

Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

JEEP does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT. You can also contact an authorized dealership or JEEP at 1-800-992-1997 to find out if this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061) still has recalls that require repair.

For your convenience, CARFAX has estimated the remaining original manufacturer warranty coverage based on information reported to us on this 1997 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT/TJ SPORT (1J4FY19S4VP549061). Please confirm remaining factory warranty and extended warranty options with your dealer. Interested in an extended warranty?  

Estimated start date of warranty: 09/15/1997
Last reading reported on 06/28/2005: 111,342 miles Recalculate with current mileage
Today’s Date: October 24, 2005

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty: Estimated Remaining Coverage:
Basic 36 months or 36,000 miles Coverage expired
Drivetrain 36 months or 36,000 miles Coverage expired
Emissions 24 months or 24,000 miles Coverage expired
Corrosion 60 months or 100,000 miles Coverage expired
Transferable Transferable at no cost Same
Roadside Assistance 36 months or 36,000 miles Coverage expired
Safety Belt & Inflatable Restraint No data reported to CARFAX
Specific Components 96 months or 80,000 miles Coverage expired
Notes: Manufacturer covers emissions components under basic warranty. Emissions coverage may vary by state. Refer to owners manual for specific details. Transferable: no cost, unlimited owners covered. Corrosion coverage applies to outer panels. Inner panels are covered for 3 years only. Wear items are covered for 1 year or 12,000 miles. All vehicles sold or leased from 11/01/01 through 07/09/02 receive 7 years or 100,000 miles limited powertrain warranty, with a $100 deductible, that is not transferable unless transferred with CSC added care or maximum care for a $150 fee.

It doesn’t look like it’s a severe accident. He probably went off the road with it once and got stuck. If the frame isn’t bent, which it says it isn’t, you should be fine.

Can this be emailed to me? The formatting is missing, so it’s hard to read what means what.

yeah, whats your e-mail address… if I send it via NYSpeed to your e-mail address it’ll do the same thing.

pumicet@pumicet.com - Thanks!!