Anyone notice the negatives on Hecht

Am I the only one who notices this but every time hecht touches the puck the comments are- Hecht gets stuffed out, hecht shoots wide, Hechts pass didn’t get to Grier etc…
He is really the suck for the sabres this year. He looks like he is trying a lot harder this year though since kennedy is going to be a 2nd liner next year.

umm sabres should belong in the sabres post…but yeah i see that too

bla bla bla

He did an amazing job penalty killing, and just scored empty net after a nice steal.

x2

I’ve never been a fan of hecht…never seen him do anying impressive, at his best he seems barely average.

It’s my understanding that Off Topic is for anything anyone wants that’s work safe? leave the moderating to the mods maybe…and if you’re so concerned with the “rules” of an internet forum, adhere to them yourselves and stay on topic.

I think he should of been traded last year. He’s been hot and cold the last few years and just slowly going into a deep freeze. The only thing thats been saving him now is his penalty killing.

lol @ the fact that he scored tonight after this thread was posting. Maybe he was NYSpeeding during intermission and seeing this got him motivated!

Lol forum nazi

They don’t call him Chokin Jochen for nothing!

I actually think he’s played well this season. Grier makes him better.

Yeah this has definitely been Hecht’s best year since we had Briere/Drury. Much more solid and reliable defensively. It’s unfortunate he got the contract that he got because he’s really not a 50 points guy, but he’s been probably one of the most consistent players all year so far. The whole Grier Kennedy Hecht line in general has been an awesome shut down line when matched against other team’s top lines.

yea i loled after he made one huge play and netted a goal. he was so pumped after that too.

look up the stats i’m sure he leads the team all time with empty net goals. i feel like those and the deflection off the goalie’s back when behind the net are the only ways he scores. his role was never to be a goal-scorer though, he’s a defensive forward. i wanted to trade him last year too cuz he makes like $4 million a year but he is having a solid year so we will just see…

rant