Anyone on here get/ order grass fed beef/ organic cows?

Looking into buying a cow and was wondering if anyone else here had done it before.
I keep reading how healthy it is for you vs the store bought stuff.
Thanks

best thread

x2

Seriously tho, why don’t you check craigslist? Lol

My old man did this with 50/50 with someone… I’ll ask him

We split a half cow and pig with my inlaws. It is sooo good and cheaper than buying meat at the store. I highly recommend it.

Ours come from Ithaca which is a hike from GI, but I can find out the details if you want. Also there are probably plenty of farmers local to you that do this as well.

Dan

Looked on CL ty. Most we’re in the southern tier. Also it seems to state pretty clearly that I had a few? 'S regarding it, not really where could I find some.
D

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Looked on CL ty. Most we’re in the southern tier. Also it seems to state pretty clearly that I had a few? 'S regarding it, not really where could I find some.
D

I have land and a barn … you fix the fence and bring the feed I get some beef in payment … I can hook you up with a guy to buy the cow

does it take any babysitting to keep a cow for a short period of time?

or can you put up a fence, drop some feed and just ignore it for a while?

in the summer you don’t need anything but feed and water … they only need a bag of feed(50lbs) as they eat the grass … if you have enough grass and shit they are good … in the winter is where it gets hard … as you have to bed them and such …

I have a huge clover hay field so beef cows just eat that shit and get yummy … the people that lived here prior would do 10 cows a year in my barn and field … with no feed just the water from the creek and let them go

you would be surprised how easy some animals are … I have chickens … SO easy and you get food/eggs…

D, I am in for at least 1/4 cow. I will do 1/2 if I have to but that is a lot of cash and freezer space. I can answer a lot of your questions if you throw them out there.

My boss does beef, pigs and chickens. I think it’s 1/2 cow minimum, he’s in South Wales.

someone on here had a farm and was getting interest on selling grass fed cows as either a 1/4 1/2 or whole cow. then the thread just died. i was down for a 1/2 vert disappointed i never got any

There was some circumstances that caused the thread and buy to disappear.

i figured"higher powers"

This thread is weird. All the fractional cow orders have me loling

Grass fed for the taste…yes. Health benefits…negligible. Its still red meat,lol.

I was down for a head myself. If anyone has a source for at least a half head. LMK

lol

Willing to part the meat from the bone?

bumpity bump. Summer is here and I’m hungry!!!