anyone paying attention to the economy going down the fucking shitter?

Not sure what is funny…I think it is funny when people with a long time to retire panic every time the market goes down. Look at history, it is not the end of the world. This is the best time to buy when you are young and the worst time to sell. Now if you were going to retire in the near future you have a good reason to panic…but for most of us it is not really a big deal.

ok. good luck with that. :rofl:

haha…no luck needed…history proved this many times. Talk to anyone that knows about investing. I have a degree in finance and my wife has been in the business for about 8 years now. We get a laugh out of young people that panic.

this is just the beginning of the ride folks. We (our gov’t) have some serious maintenance to do before we could even consider rebounding. Sad but true, we’re in a lot deeper than anything we’ve done previously.

and I get a laugh out of people screaming to buy buy buy at the onset of a massive recession/stagflation.

My bf is in retail and is looking for jobs at Universities. He has already seen the hours in the stores get cut drastically and it can only get worse…

retail is going to take a huge hit because of this. :hs:

<heavy sarcasm> not if we all get $800 refunds from the government! </heavy sarcasm>

Consumer spending accounts for roughly 70% of our GDP…uh oh…

I’m honestly surprised its that low. It’s amazing to me that DubYa thinks that just giving people money will spur consumer spending. Just because you give someone a rubber doesn’t mean they are going to fuck.

I know. It’s very rare to see W doing something absolutely fucking retarded.

I agree it won’t work, but W isn’t retarded. He’s gaining the love and affection of the masses, or at least trying. He doesn’t care about the economy, he’s well insulated.

:rofl:

I know plenty of smart people that do absolutely fucking retarded things, though.

Who knows how smart he is. But perception is 4/5ths of reality and to anybody with an IQ over about 85 (read: anyone not from the South) Bush is perceived as a fucking looney toon.

Unfortunately, he is very well insulated and comfortable and can basically get away with whatever the hell he wants over the next 11 months or so.

The guy is a fucking puppet. No more, no less. It’s pretty obvious that he was the figurehead stuck out for Cheney and his cronies to do their bidding.

Yale Grad who attained the highest office in this country, arguably the world. He’s not stupid, but I’m not saying he’s been a good president either.

you dont have to be smart to be president… or to get into Yale.

Yale Grad who attained the highest office in this country, arguably the world. He’s not stupid, but I’m not saying he’s been a good president either.

Exactly. He’s a damn smart guy. He is NOT a good public speaker- which has given him the perception of being stupid.

Note: I’m not endorsing his presidency.

Lou Dobb’s of CNN today:

“All Americans will soon have to face a bitter and now obvious truth: Our national, political and economic leaders have squandered this nation’s wealth, and the price of this profligacy is enormous, and the bill has just come due for all of us.”

Were you too smart for either of those, so you decided to use your brain power to install pools?

The market closed up 300 points today, that was amazing. Any bets on what it will do next? This market is insane.