anyone purchase a new Malibu yet?

just wondering if anyone has actually went out and gotten a new malibu yet. The styling is pretty decent IMO…especially compared to the previous body style.Looking for input as to pro’s/con’s from experience. What you liked and didnt like, etc.I’ve read all the reviews and internet banter…just looking for personal experience.

not too many middle aged housewives on here.

they actually look very nice, but sadly it’s FWD only :frowning:

i did about thirty windshields on them.i think there garbage

can you be more specific? other than not being a GM fan, what makes you say that?

Its actually a great car. I know a few people that own them and they have nothing but good things to say about them.

I wouldn’t buy a new one, I would just wait a year and buy a very low mileage 08 for like half price.

Got to take advantage of that GM resale

Dunno - some sites are claiming that the new model is getting significantly higher all-out purchase prices than the last-gen, so you can’t go by previous depreciation on the new ones…

Buy a new accord instead.

the interior looks cheap,the seam sealer on the pinch welds are applied slopy.the moldings are cheesy and tear easy.i guess im goin from a glass perspective but i was just bummed on the overall bad design

sorry, but I’ll never in my life own a Honda. Other foreigns, possibly…but I just cant bring myself to buy a honda

ive heard that about the interior as well. Thanks for the response!

I don’t know, it looks pretty cool IMO. Obviously would look nice leather wrapped but not bad.

still a HUGE step up from the last gen

http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/12/2008_malibu_interior.jpg

i worked at west herr chevy, (i actually drove them around)… i thought that the car was actually very comfortable compared to the impala or cobalt, i personably loved the seats, they were like a half leather/suede material, i like the body styling a lot more to the previous malibu. the cars i was in were loaded, but i assume that the other packages are basically the same as far as being comfortable, they also got good gas mileage too. and we were selling them like crazy so they could’nt have been that shitty of a car

The malibu’s competition is supposed to be the new accord. I drive both all the time at work, and the malibu feels cheap and sloppy everywhere the accord feels solid. The new accords are classy, well priced, and hold their value well. Maybe you should try to open up your options instead of thinking of honda as a company that produces cars that are going to be riced out and cheap. The newest honda’s out now are nicer than ever.

yeah, the seats look very supportive/comfortable :tup:

yeah i loved the interior, not really a fan of the front end, but i liked the styling from the rear doors and back. these cars looked great in black and the gold color

ya, i hear ya…and its not that i think they are cheap and ricey…just a personal preference.Also thinking about checking out the Saturn Aura. My buddy has one and he’s very happy with it. The car would be used strictly as a daily driver for the fiance’ and myself occasionally.thanks for all the input so far guys! much appreciated.

Not to sound like a huge fag fanboy of VW, but the eos, jetta, and passat are EXTREMELY nice and classy. They are also well priced. Just a suggestion.
Best of luck in finding a car!

and maintenance is a whore ^