anyone purchase a new Malibu yet?

test drive one. you’ll see most of the changes have been cosmetic

Warranty man, warranty. I’m on my 2nd one and I have yet to have a real issue. They’re just driving it, not modding and beating the piss out of it. I just bought my used 2006 GTI, I have warranty up to 100k.

With good upkeep there is no reason they won’t last without issues.

i think i’ll take you up on that! thanks for the suggestion. I always heard they were a bit more expensive, so never really looked.

Mine’s not brand new, it’s a couple years old. I love it as a DD. It’s the 6 cylinder and is pretty peppy. The electronic steering assist (I think that’s what they call it) is awesome. The interior’s basic looking and nothing elegant, but I don’t care about that. It gets great mileage for a 6, especially on the highway. It’s pretty comfortable too. I like.

If you go to autohaus to take a look and you want to talk to someone, try to talk to jeff or jason. Amazing salesman. They remember people, and actually care. Plus it’s nice that theres no pressure because they don’t work off of commision.

support the american engineered cars!

Malibu is made in Canada I think

and I think the accord is built in the USA :smiley:

good point. They are nice cars… good friend of mine used to own one. It was a blast to drive, but he went through like 6 O2 sensors in a years time. It was a little older though (01 Golf)

Nope: Fairfax, Kansas and Orion, Michigan.

what car does Chevy have in Nascar, because I remember reading that all of the cars were imports except for the Toyota

Monte Carlo, maybe Impala SS at one point?

lol. he said engineered, not built.

Impala SS

I actually like the Astra.

Sedans are so…dumpy. And I drive a sedan. Yuck.

I fully agree with you steve.Ive driven the new accord and honestly, go out and try getting a car with all the features and gorgeous appearance that a new accord has for 30k or under.You will not find much better.You can have a fully loaded 08 accord with navi, heated leather,etc etc for around 28k.They are awesome cars, have great warranties and you can not beat the price with all the features you get.
Also you can not go wrong with the amazing resale on hondas. You can look at current or old statistics. Look in the paper and see how many 2000’s cavaliers you see with low mileage(around 40-60k) on them going for 3-4k.Then you see a 1996-98 civics with +100k on them , in the 5-6k range.

I know a lot of you guys are sworn domestic guys for life, but look long term sometimes unless you plan on keeping the brand new car you bought until you run it into the ground.Think investment and resale.

:tup:

Im going to look at the Malibu very hard when I can get rid of the monte, they have a beautiful maroon one at paddock, sharp looking car. And honestly with the loyaty bonus I get for sticking with gm Id be a fool to look at anything else.

Which is still funny because the Epsilon platform and Ecotec/V6 engine were designed largely by Opel.

When Honda runs deeeep discounts like GM, people looking for a “deal” will start looking that direction.