little something on the Malibu Maxx SS/Saab

I was reading some of the reader mail in Car and Driver and came a corss this:

" Travelging salesman indeed got thier dream car (“Chevrolent Malibu Maxx SS). If you ever want confirmation of the marketing genius of the grosse-pointed-headed executives at GM, note that they aquires Saab and quickly eliminated the traditional Saab hatchback sedan that was a Saab icon and then invented a functionally identical hatchback sedan called the Malibu Maxx as a Chevrolet.”

what a load of BS. i just cant see how the Malibu Maxx is in any way, anything like a Saab. The Malibu Maxx is more or less a station wagon than a hatchback! while GM has put Saab down the shitter for sure, i think they would have come out with the Malibu Maxx without the help of Saab.

my point is, i just don’t understand where this guy got this idea from. I don;t see how the Malibu Maxx is ANYTHING like a Saab.

People assume stuff all the time. It happens, and then it makes it’s way to the internet.

either way, the malibu maxx is one of the ugliest cars out today

o im sure u could find all kidsn of crazy stuff like that online. the one thing that struck me on this was that it was so obsurd AND Car and Driver actually published it in thier magazine

I can see the relationship from the writer saying the cars are “functionally identical”.

I gots a rotary powered superturbocharged v6 rouch mustang with heavy duty rings yo!

prolly because it is built on the same platform as the Saab 9-3

yea, poor saab…