Anyone Recall the Ship at the end of Tifft st

Lets start a new hockey team based on a big ship in the lake. Are there international waters on the lakes? I doubt it, but I’m thinking of that Simpson’s (?) episode where they cut away to a boat on international waters where everything’s legal. :poke: We could call the team the Lake Sturgeons. :gay:

IB4 they find the gas leak over at Praxair that is affecting James.

:lol: Friday afternoon + Claritin = :loopie: I’m meeting a friend for beers after work. That oughta clear things up.

I have no idea why this crossed my mind. But anyways it was scrapped in Aliaga, Turkey.

Solid bump:tup:

That looks like it would have been a great looking boat back in its prime.

Is that the ship deconstruction yard that’s recgonized as one of the most dangerous and toxic places to work or am I thinking of a place in India?

Yeah, that’s in India

:tup: Good bump.

That was a cool ship! Didn’t know it had so much history.

Someone scanned a booklet from it’s innaugural cruise.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3315/3473317493_075706fe42.jpg

nice

No idea that is what the ship was… real cool to see it’s history and pictures. Nice find.

Oh, that’s what reminded me of this. There’s an article on CNN today about the ship wrecking yards in Bangladesh.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/07/12/bangladesh.hasan.shipyards/?hpt=Sbin&fbid=ouTvxXhx4mK

Little more on this ship if you’re interested

It’s sad that Buffalo will fight so much to save a grain mill but have no problem with sending something like this off to be scrapped. That ship had REAL history with the Great Lakes. Don’t get me wrong, it’s been an eyesore in the harbor for decades and I’m glad it’s gone, but if I were one of these “everything is historic” assholes that hold up any development in Buffalo I think I would have been a little more upset about this.

They could have painted the ship.

Funny how they pick the worn out trash to keep. Too bad they can’t tug the grain elevators to Eurasia for scrapping.

Really nice bump.

I dont know that you could stop someone from sending their privately owned boat to a scrapyard the same way you can stop them from demolishing a historic building in the city.

that being said I’m one of those assholes and if I wasnt 18/unaware of its existance when this happened I would have been involved in the effort

^ You’re one of those assholes that wants to keep the grain mills on the waterfront?