anyone that drives the 90 to work in the am.. read

if you drive the 90 in the am 7:30-8:30 from the area of the 400 to the 33ish area let me know. Ovbiously traffic is GOD-AWFUL and i’d like to get some people together and block all lanes of traffic. yes, at a complete stop, and id like to do this daily until we get everyones attention. i am also sending an editorial to the buffalo news which will be published either this sunday or next sunday. Buffalo=city of good neighbors? , NO. Buffalo=city of bad drivers. ill be back in a bit with some more info.

whats the problem with the 90??
traffic in buffalo is not bad.

So your answer to help traffic is to block it?

Besides the only time it is bad is when it is snowing, otherwise it moves pretty good during thoose times.

Worst idea ever. Stopping traffic… you will get someone killed for christ sakes. Also, just get up earlier and deal with it, our traffic is no where near bad compared to any other cities. I drive from hamburg to Williamsville everyday, it dont bother me, just another part of my day.

Makes sense right?

If you think Buffalo traffic is bad, then I pray you never move. Chicago, Washington DC, NYC, LA people would laugh at our situation.

People in DC leave at least 2 hours early for work every morning.

sounds reasonable … when your unhappy that it takes you longer to get to work then it shoulds… you should always just park your car in the road and wait for traffic ahaead of you to clear

i mean its not like the highway in front of you is going to fill up with cars coming on from other onramps or anything

WORST IDEA EVAR…u ever drive in a real busy city durign rush hour like boston or NYC…

ill admit it was bad like 6 years ago before they redid the 190 interchange…
now… eh…

i drove from west manhatten to queens @ pm the one day, lol … god how i was wishing trafic was movin as fast as the 90 @ rushhour

If anyone ever blocks the road in front of me in a situation like that, I am going to walk up to your car and bash your windshield in with a sledge hammer that I am placing in my trunk tonite.

That time frame M-T is the worse in the area. But actually it is closer to the 290 split. I know, cause I’ve been driving it for years. The reason traffic is bad (aside from retarded drivers):

1. People do not want to let others in on the on-ramps. Thats pretty stupid…
  2. People do not know when to get over for the 290. When some panzy panics and tries to get over in a hurry causing the person behind him in the right lane to hit the brakes it is a chain reaction … all morning.

Rubbernecking is the #1 peeve I have. Its one thing to be a cautious driver… its another to be a nosey fuck. Keep your damn eyes on the road in front of you and stay on the gas. 1/2 the time the accident is on the other side of the road… WTF. When the accident is on your side, and off to the shoulder only the right or left lanse should be slowing down… whichever shoulder the accident is on. Your only slowing down to make sure someone isn’t walking towards the road… not so you can fuckign stare at the little fender bender or bumper scratcher.

[/rantmode]

BTW - Our traffic is some of the best in the country, because we have a lot of unemployed that don’t have to be on the highway in the morning… :stuck_out_tongue:

The only reason I stop traffic in the morning is if I want to race someone from a dig on the highway… its hard to get all 3 lanes blocked… cause when you have 2 people rush around the open lane and then swerve into your racing lanes… makes it pretty difficult to race.

I travel that every morning. I’d be real pissed if traffic just stopped completly. During the summer its not bad, once school and college starts up then it get pretty packed with stop and go.

yea thats definitly NOT a good idea lol yea its frustrating somtimes but its nothing compared to alot of other cities, just deal with it :gotme:

:rofl:

yall dont know what traffic is in buffalo.

but besides the point, it will get you arrested and prob somone killed. bad idea. write your article but dont try tto stop traffic

haha my father drives from LI into NYC everyday, without traffic its a 40 min drive, with traffic its 2.5hrs+, trust me the traffic is never going to change. sounds corny but, if you build it they will come(may not make sense but u get the point)

some people carry guns, you might want to re-think that. :tup:

My reasoning to stop traffic is to make people think about what the hell they are doing. theres NO reason to go from 70mph to 0 in 150ft. no wonder theres so many accidents, and rubberneckers.

Also, i lived in N. VA/ D.C. so i know what traffic is like. Buffalo ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY should not have anything even remotely close to traffic problems.

END RANT.

im taking Union all the way from now on. problem solved.

word i drove through NYC at rush hour and holy fuck!! i was wishing i was back in buffalo!

Couldnt agee w\ this more - when i used to drive to ITT during the afternoon\evening rush hour I couldn’t believe the stupid shit i saw from drivers. I think what alot of it is, is inconsiderate drivers ride all the way down to the solid white line then shove themselves in expecting people to let em in after they pass alll the other drivers. 90 -> 290 is the worst traffic filled entrance

the 90E to the 33W is the stupidest place for an on ramp - Cars on the 33 trying to move over to get on the 33, and you trying to move over to the 90, and the lane you in ends in what seems like 100 feet.

Most of the traffic jams here in Buffalo are caused becasue of the lack of good drivers in the area, there is a lot of tards on the road no questions asked.

Other than that, I cant complaint about Buffalo’s rush hours traffic

what do you think will happen when you stop traffic…?