Anyone Tune/Flash S10 ECU's locally?

2001 S10 4.3L - If not no biggie, I can send my PCM out. But I’d like to eliminate some emissions stuff, like secondary air injection, EVAP, rear O2s. Annoying CELs for things that don’t effect vehicle performance and are a hindrance for inspection.

Thanks,

Mike

FYI on a 2001 you can only have one parameter with readiness not set. :bigtup:

Yes that’s why I want this done lol

Automatically setting readiness isn’t necessarily going to work is what I’m trying to say. Any inspector that gives a shit will see that.

That isn’t true at all

You bring a car in for inspection which should have already had its drive cycles they hook it to the NYS computer it queries the PCM to see if all the required monitors for that year are set or not.

On GM stuff there is a routine that runs say for rear O2s its number of drive cycles where X code isn’t set…If you set a code to do not report but leave it enabled it basically skips that check and goes straight to readiness.

If you’re inspecting a car you wouldn’t know the difference unless for some stupid reason you reset the PCM and saw something went straight to passed for readiness. However no shops would waste the time doing that as many of those monitors require 100 miles and various drive conditions.

• Updated - - -

If you wanted to actually do this and break the law find someone with HP tuners since it supports that year.

97-03 S10 2.2
98-04 S10 4.3

This is what I was saying.
I understand how it works, I have heard people getting called on missing components before thats all.

The issue people were running into was Evo idiots removed entire readiness checks…So say a car has EVAP and Catalyst they would just remove Catalyst and it would only have EVAP.

NYS now compares which monitors a car should have for each model year.

Instead of screwing with the PCM to just change or hard set a readiness monitor you change codes down stream and the internal PCM readiness routine still runs.

IDK why you guys are arguing, if anyone knows anything about inspections it would be me since I inspected over 300 cars from this forum during my tech years.

I simply want emissions stuff removed from my PCM, just like I have on my Mopar PCMs (no emissions anything and I removed everything from the cars and there is no light)

Anyways, went on the S10 forums and pcmforless.com has a great reputation and can do whatever I want for 200$ on top of a power increase.

Lock the thread.

EDIT: LOL I called Kennedy’s Dyno Tune and told him what I wanted

“that’s illegal”

“yeah I know, this is the part where you tell me that it’s for “off road” use only and I say “of course it is sir!””

“click”

lmao

I’m not arguing I was explaining how it works :lol:

Been a while since I heard that name…

Bring back NWS Section with all the b00bs

If you need to use HpTuners get ahold of John Donovan.

sounds like you’ve already done the pcm for less, but i was going to say i’ll be in town in a few weeks and could prolly do it quick for you. I’m sure JD can do it too.

I haven’t done it yet but if someone here can do it no prob let me know what you’d like in return!

EDIT: I do not have software or laptop stuff etc. however.

If you’re looking to save money its going to cost whoever with HP tuners $100 for credits + whatever they want for their time that $200 is a good deal if they have a canned performance tune they will throw at it also.

BUMP

Well the truck finally got me in the balls this year, I’ve managed the last 3 years to fake my way through drive cycles just enough to get passed inspection but fate and my readiness monitors have decided otherwise.

I can’t get the damn cat or secondary air pump to ready.

Anyone ever talk to John? He still in business?

John is still around. I know he got a city job now. So not sure how often he is in the shop or on here. Try to send him a pm.

I just texted him a couple weeks ago, hoping to link up with him later this month for a tune.

I’ll try PMing him. I called the shop from his facebook and there was no answer. Will try again.

$125 should be no problem taking care of that. Will also be able to take care of the inspection too