Anyone use skype and able to find a workaround for skype-to-phone?

I talked to someone at an old job where he was able to set up skype on his windows CE mobile phone, and was able to make free skype-to-phone calls (as opposed to skype to skype, and not setting up the paid service)

I want to say he mentioned using (gmail?) from another county to be able to make this happen, or some other workaround. Just seeing if anyone’s played with this before.

I have a windows CE phone with wifi I no longer use as a cell phone, but would be cool to play around with, im not looking to give it a number for inbound calls, just outbound to actual land lines or cell phones.

Check

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windowsmobile/

I have that. Getting the software for the phone isnt a problem. That allows free skype to skype. You can also do skype to phone with that, but is a paid service. At one point I’ve come across a workaround where you were able to make free skype to phone phonecalls. I’ll still poke around, just scoping this place out as part of the search.

Also, you have to beware of ISP possible busts/bans if they catch you doing this to bypass paying some kind of fee. My friend did this on his i phone and AT and T caught him.

Lies. It would be all over the news if someone got busted by ATT for using Skype. I use my Skype app all the time to call friends over the 3G network.