FREE Skype (VOIP) calling to phones within the US and Canada!!!

pasted from the e-mail:

Calls to friends and family on Skype have always been free. Now we’ve made calls within the US and Canada to all phones totally free till the end of the year.

Starting from today it doesn’t matter if it’s a Skype-to-Skype call or a call to landline or mobile phone - it’s free as long as you’re calling from within the US or Canada to US or Canadian phone number.

Calling with Skype is easy - select someone from your contact list, or dial a number and hit the green call button. This is how to make a call.

How can we do this? Well, we hope our customers will support us by using Skype to make international calls at incredibly cheap rates, or by buying stuff from our store - like Skype Voicemail, perhaps an accessory like headphones to make using Skype even easier, or even a cool ringtone to personalize your Skype.

i tried it out this morning and it came up on the caller id as ‘000-012-3456’

i just ordered up a moto pc850 dongle and a h3 headset to use for this. :slight_smile:

can you get a phone # for free too?

that’d be sweet… I just let my susbscription run out. I know you had to pay for skype out (to get a phone number)… wouldnt mind getting one for free :tup:

i take that back; you can get a skype-in # for $12 for 3 months or $38 for a year. you get 120 international minutes if you spend 10 or more on credit it looks like…

lol you work there or something? :smiley:

ah… ok, figured… still cool though :tup:

nah i just got the e-mail lol.

plus i like free stuff. :slight_smile: free calling is the shit.

Country → Area Code, Number & Subscription → Payment
Step 1: State and area code
Step 2: Number
Step 3: Subscription
Step 2: Number
Search among our available numbers to see if one containing your favorite combination of digits is available.
Within area 919, look for this combination of numbers:
Use the character ‘*’ to represent any digit.
(919) 741-5093 | (919) 647-9529 | (919) 741-5138 | (919) 647-9617
(919) 647-9549 | (919) 648-1363 | (919) 842-3896 | (919) 647-9527
(919) 741-5173 | (919) 647-9619 | Show ten new suggestions…

Step 3: Subscription

SkypeIn, 3 month subscription $12.00
SkypeIn, 12 month subscription $38.00

You will receive a free subscription to Skype Voicemail
with your SkypeIn purchase.
Spend a minimum of $10 or €10 using PayPal in one go and get 120 SkypeOut calling minutes and 3 Months Voicemail free

lol I know… just screwin around

:bump:

How is the reliability? I’ve been on Vonage for almost 2 years now and it’s been as reliable or better than my old land line. I don’t mind paying 27 a month for something that works this well, in fact, I’d rather pay 27 a month for great service than $0 a month for poor service.

not really sure; i’ll let you know once i get my bluetooth headset and start using it though.

I <3 Skype. I use it at work for international calls. Skype-Skype is sooooo much clearer than a landline-landline phone call, especially to Viet Nam, Uruguay, Russia…

when I was using it, I thought it was great :tup:

I used a mic instead of a usb phone though and people were telling me that they could hear an echo on their end (not sure if it was related) but sounded fine on my end.

no complaints really