skype ftw.

I seriously have no idea why I didn’t get this service earlier…

I’ve been using just my cell phone, and been over on minutes two months in a row, and I didn’t want to ration minutes anymore.

I setup skype on my powerlink connection with a cheap ass two dollar koss brand headset.

Sound quality is excellent. I called everybody I know, they all said it sounds clearer than my normal sprint pcs cell phone.

I paid 16.20 for a year of service to call anywhere in the us or canada unlimited (outgoing calls).

I also see they are offering local 716 area code numbers with 989 exchanges, if you want people to be able to call you. This service looked to be around 30-40 bucks a year.

The company is based in england, and they charge based on euros or pounds or whatever, so its a little weird.

Now i’m going to get another account for my business (we make a shitload of sales calls), and get a local 716 number, and setup voicemail, and have a business phone for like 55 bucks a year.

Sweet deal. I tried VOIPStunt, and it sounded like shit, echoing all over the place. This is much better, and worth the money.

Skype sells wifi handsets for like 200 bucks, but I’ll just stick with a 20 dollar cordless voip phone for now.

I think you have to sign up by january 31st to get the cheaper rate, or the y double the price after that.

hell yeah… I’ve been using skype for my home phone for about a year now :tup: You really can’t beat the price.

only downside is that the newest version of it seems to crash my machine every once in a while. But other than that, I have never had an issue with 'em.

only thign that sucks is that it comes up on caller ID as either restricted or as 0001234567 lol

yeah I got it on my PPC, it even works well then.

I use it all the time. The Skype certified Polycom Communicator is awesome.