Cheaper phone rates?-Landlines.

Ok i am sick of paying ridiculous rates for my landline phone. My sister recently got 1 year unlimited service from here www.sunrocket.com for $199. Not sure if its good or not-definatly cheaper but… Anyone have any experiences with any alternative phone companies? I Hear Vonage has a decent deal too.

www.viatalk.com has some good deals, especially if you commit, and the service was great. I beta tested it and got to use it free for a few months

I just got rid of my cell phone and now using skype for all my calls.

works great, very cheep (especially out of state/international calls) voicemail, call forwarding and best of all, if say out go out of town, and bring your laptop, you’ll recive the calls long as your logged into skype.

When I signed up it was like 10.00 for 3 months service (you get issued a 716 number) and then you have to buy mins. extra. calls are like $0.003 a min or something. Oh and FYI… I purchased mins from skype like 8 months ago (10.00 worth)… stopped using it for a while and just picked it back up (been using it constantly) and still have $7.12 on my account.

best bang for your buck out there IMO

edit: AND if the person you’re calling has skype, it’s free

vonage is great, my dad has it. but ACN (i work for) has the same service a few bucks cheaper, and has the ability to do video calling as well. is super sweet for $28 a month unlimited everything

Can ya keep your existing number with any of these? I know sunrocket issues you a number -ya get to choose from a list of numbers all of which started with 208-XXXX WTF?

^ with ACN yes you keep your number, if you dont have a number with landline you get asigned one from verizon (the actual provider…we re-sell their lines cheaper) and with the broadband phone you can pick any number you want, area code included

I’ve had Vonage for over 2 years and with the service I’ve had from them I would never consider any other VoIP carrier. I know there are some slightly cheaper, but Vonage has been more reliable than my old land line from Verizon.

I’ve had one problem, it turned out to be my Vonage router, which they replaced for free even though it was over a year old.

And yes, you get to keep your existing number.

EDIT:
A warning though, VoIP is only as good as your internet connection. I happen to live in an area where Adelphia is rock solid. If your high speed is less than 100% reliable, your VoIP will be the same.

U can keep ur # with VOnage…and if u dont use ur home phone alot they have cheaper plans than the $28 i got like the $19 dollar one i believe

digital phone??

^ yea thats what VoIP is (vonage and such)

no i mean time warner not VoIP like vonage

Where would i find info on Vonage? Vonage.com?

Focus has the hookup on VoIP, its the same as the vonage a few bucks cheaper

^ roffle