Vonage

Does any one use this service? I just want a home phone for has cheap has I can TW, wants $40 per month.

i hated it. Maybe it got better but the reception sucked. On most calls, I ended hanging up and calling the number from my cell. T-Mobile wifi home phone is way better and I only pay 14 a month.

time warner home phone is 19.99 a month for me :gotme:

I’ve had Vonage for 8 years. Never had an issue with it.

Any issues that I have heard, where caused by a flakey modem or router.

sounds stupid but grab a magic jack. $20 a year and you can call canada for free along with multiple other countries.

as long as you have a good internet connection you wont have any problems. the only time we have any little issues is if i have utorrent running :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, or skype.

They are the same quality of service, no contracts no stupid shit.

4th year with vonage and love it. Tried a magicjack several months ago and sent it back at the end of the 30 day trial because it was garbage. Constant dropped calls, tons of calls that would ring straight to voicemail. And it was running on my XP server that is as stable as a rock.

The only times I’ve had problems with vonage was when my internet was causing it. The exception was year 2 when the vonage router blew up. Called them up a year out of warranty and they sent me a new one no charge.

I use a combination of Google Voice and Gizmo to make free phone calls, and have a free incoming number…