Hey international travelers: Skype Mobile.

Neat. Skype that runs on your Windows Mobile phone.

http://www.skype.com/mobile/

When I travel internationally for personal trips I don’t bring a laptop, but I do bring my cell phone. With Skype Mobile I can call home (to friends & family with Skype) for free with my cell phone over WiFi.

WiFi is practically at the point where it can be taken for granted at any hotel, resort, etc. (My wife was checking what happened on the bachelor on her ipod touch on the beach in Mexico last year.) So things like this are actually pretty practical.

Seems like a nice alternative to having to have a GSM phone or a laptop to call home when outside of CDMAville USA.

It’s just an idea that I came across the other day that I thought I’d share. :tup:

yep…have had this for a while. for quite sometime skype had a bunch of issues running on winmo. But the newest version works great. I use it to talk to my parents and my sister in costa rica.

Very cool.

i don’t know why it is everytime i have a phone or switch platforms it seems like the shit i want comes out for the opposite platform.

since switching to blackberry i have enjoyed some of the benefits, but i have also been missing out on pandora mobile (i can get slacker but i don’t like it as much), and now skype mobile.

bleh.

:tup: although I’m GSM so I don’t have that problem.

blahblahblah, unless you are quad band it’s still no picnic.

also, roaming rates are crazy.

if you have a psp thats a slim or newer you also have skype on there as well.

yea its the roaming that would be the dealbreaker for me… man that international pricing gets insane.

I foresee changes in price plans within the next year or two that offer unlimited international voice+data roaming as voda/VZW grow…

Skype is OK if you use it for instant messaging but if you are looking to do VoIP calls, almost any smartphone now has some type of software that allows you to use a SIP provider to make calls.

and I am. I am going to drunk dial you on 900 or 1800mhz in the dominican to call you a FGGT.

:tup: <3