Skype.

I know its Been out a hella long time now. Ive just recently been getting into it, since my family switched over to Vonage. (Awsome btw) Anyone else ever use this? I mean it seems like its going to be huge. Coming out with Skype Mobile phones soon…

i wouldn’t say it’s goign to be huge, but i suppose it could :dunno: … but it’s one of the better services out there… its’ good for secure file transfer… the msn file transfer, for example, is unsecure and beat.

It most deffinatly is already HUGE. 7,500,000 users online right now.

The advertisement it has put out in countries across the atlantic is insane in the last 2 years. Skype went from a few hundred thousand users online at once to millions in just a matter of days. I remember trying it out in it’s beta state, and had no one to talk to on it… but with third world countries catching on, I finally had use for it in the last year. I have like 30 contacts on it, my family lives in South Africa, UK, and such so I use it daily, skype out as well. I don’t even have a home phone anymore, and my mom canceled her long distance.

it’s :thumbup: for me, pretty much useless for people in the USA unless you have some creative use for it. Even local phone calls in south africa are damn expensive, so with DSL going down in price over there, my brothers who run a swimming pool business use it to contact employees cell phones, and other offices, rather than using the LAN line.

my friend uses skype on his cell phone. a motorolla Q