Anyone want to buy a Skyline?

thats fine. has to be towed over the border though, they dont like you crossing w dealer plates

doesnt a dealer plate only cover the car (insurance wise) if the vehicle is being test driven by a potential buyer or if it is in transport from one dealership to another?

I know people who never register anything… I’m sure there are loopholes that they intend on taking advantage of if and when the time comes.

Certain people would pay more in sales tax that what my car is worth if they registered it. Just cruise on the dealer plate and then it is easier to sell when the time comes.

www.gtrcanada.com

lots of better ones for less…

vin swap or other trickery… :slight_smile:

soo tempting. I’ll have to call my insurance company to see if they’d be ok with this.

Insurance companies label this as a sentra here in the states. That’s what the black one was insured as.

Did some research on this particular car.

1. It’s a grey market car. Meaning that technically it can be seized at any time. It was done by putting the car on a impound lot until it was re-titled by NY state and then sold. It has neither DOT or EPA approval.
  2. There is some rust on this car that makes it significantly less appealing

1. Insurance on this car is gay. Yeah, companies will give you an insurance card and take your money. BUT in the event of a car accident, they car be like “Show us your DOT approval card” and then you say “I don’t have one” in which case they say “HAHA”

If you import a skyline and swap vins, and are called out on it (By police or others) it’s a felony offense. Also, skylines are RARELY let over the Canada-US border. Do your research boys!

sandy beach drives one

No, it varies by insurance company, but they’ll charge you extra based on use. By NY-state law a car can be driven on a dealer plate for any purpose as long as the car is in the dealers books. Exception is maintaining a car for hire (taxi), or maintaining a vehicle as a tow vehicle.

http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/2175757396.html

http://albany.craigslist.org/ctd/2137852975.html

it looked really good until sobo posted those pics lol. other than that it looks super clean.
and i dont know why, but i love all r32/33/34 interiors

I’ve driven over the US/Canada border with 2 separate skylines, both of which I did not own, on a few occasions un-hassled.

wow sobo, yea i stick my advice to you ever more after seeing those pics.