R32 Skyline: Opinions Please

I have been looking around for another car, the thought of selling the vette keeps crossing my mind as well. I want to save for a house and want something cheaper that I can DD year around, I also have a Jeep for the really bad winter days. So I have been doing a little window shopping and came across this at the dealership where I bought my vette.

Year: 1993 Skyline
Price: $12.5K

http://270.dcswebsitepreview.com/newandusedcars/0/489529/bad461a6-33d4-4d7a-8326-747c8cd31c4e/1993-Nissan-Skyline.aspx

sweet car. They say export only. Can you buy it local from them?

Ok so I just read at the bottom of that ad that it is for export only? I am not sure why they would post it for sale on their site if it can only be exported…hmmm

I will call them tomorrow

Supercharge/turbo the Vette instead.

Uhhhh, if you don’t buy that I’ll sell murrdogs car and use the proceeds to buy it.

R32>>>>>regular C5 vetter, sorry :lol :hug

yea that seems pretty shady

IMO, The R32 GT-R is the nicest other the older line. They’re lighter than the other two, they don’t include all the useless luxury options, they’re made for performance and just that. Don’t get me wrong, I love the R33 and R34, but they just lack a certain… charm, I suppose.

Many “first generation” cars are like that. After the first generation, they might get a little more power, but they have sooo much more mass and amenities. Many examples include Skylines, Z cars (240Z->370Z), EVOs, Imprezas/WRXs/STis, MR2s, VWs, etc. etc. etc.

It’s true. For some reason, car makers assume that “better” with sports cars means more useless shit.

Technically the R32 wasn’t the first Gen. GT-R, though :wink:

Just buy an Evo

huh?

Very true, but it was the first of the modern ones (high-tech AWD, 6cyl TT, etc.)

Maybe the R31 had a RB20DETT, I dunno, can’t remember. R31s suck anyways :smiley:

BTW, the reason it’s export only is because they’re illegal to own in the US with the exception of the MotoRex loopholed cars, which I’d still feel nervous driving. You can always get one imported torn down in Georgia or some place and have it pieced together as a “kit car”. There was a company about 8 years back doing this, can’t remember their name.

If worse comes to worse, do something like that and swap VINs with an S13 coupe. Highly illegal, but you only live once. Might as well take risks, haha

I’m sorry, but the looks of that car do absolutely nothing for me, I don’t give a fuck what it can, or can’t do in a straight line, corner, etc. Fuck heads/cam/whatever on your current car, save up for a season, TT it (fuck blowers), and have a ZR1 killer sitting in your garage.

Seems way to cheap

Haha, I knew what ya meant braaah.

The R31 did have an RB20DET in it, but it was the FJ20ET that was the real beast. I find the R30 and R31 kind of cool. Obviously no where as cool as the GT-Rs, but still cool retro JDM vehicles.

im sure if you walked in with 12,5 they would gladly take your $$ i dont think they would say no you cant buy it your $$ isnt good here…

Wrong. Jack ass. They’d get in deep fucking shit with DMV and DOT for starters. Why are you still posting on here / alive, anyhow?

you can own it theres no fine or law against owning it its just registering it right??

A dealer can not sell a vehicle that is not inspected or able to be registered by law dip shit