Anyone want to change my headgasket and timing belt for a good price.

Like the title says i need someone to change my headgasket and timing belt. i got a cometic head gasket and a greddy timing belt. i am to scared ill screw my car up if i do it myself. So get at me with a price. Thanks guys:hsdance:

I’d be glad to help, but truthfully it isn’t nearly as hard as it seems

dyingwish did mine and he did a damn good job I may add!

dont let this guy do anything to your car ! ! he’s :nuts:

j/p i :love: steve, he’s a great guy … i’m sure he’ll do a awesome job …just make sure u bring him :beer: :slight_smile:

:bluez28: Beer FTW

for future reference, cometic head gaskets have a bad rep especially on boosted cars, and always always always use an oem timing belt.

so much for not helping anyone.

steve’s a tool…i hope you got DSL as he loves to get his…

dyingwish your got a price you wanna give me for the help?

wtf…? I’ve never had a problem.

I know people that used oem timing belts on there turbo apps and they snapped and f$@#ed the motor up. Then they used a greddy and didnt have one prob at all.

commetic head gaskets do not have a bad rep. Only problems I have ever seen with them was caused by the installer. (not surfacing the head/block, using head bolt/washers that were not right, and not re-torquing after letting the engine warm up etc).

They work great on boosted cars. when do you need a metal head gasket on a non forced induction engine?

Also I don’t know a lot about engines other than mine but to need something stronger than the OEM gasket you have to push some serious power, something like ~200hp per liter depending on the engine.

I would never use non OEM head gasket or timing belt unless I know I need it.

I think my cometic gasket leaks, If i where to do it again i would order a Golden ealge one because its an OEM one bored to whatever size i need.

As for Timing belt? ehh dont ether way you will prob be ok. I ordered one from honda and it seems to be the same as a dayco haha. As for a greddy timing belt I beleive thats a good unit. not many people have problems with them.

if you read on honda-tech, they all hate cometic gaskets.

Just like in drivelines the weakest link will break first. I’de rather blow a headgasket than break some ring lands from mild detonation. OEM honda gaskets are great btw.

The hardest thing about doing the timing belt is keeping everything in time, which isn’t very hard.

I have never witnessed a broken timing belt on a honda, dsm though, a ton.

[QUOTE=fmfkid250;684561]I think my cometic gasket leaks, If i where to do it again i would order a Golden ealge one because its an OEM one bored to whatever size i need.

What would happen if you put a 81mm bore head gasket on a 81.5mm bored block?

as always it is recomended to change waterpump and check tensioner while doing the new timing belt…i can do it for around 200 if you buy the parts.

DONT DO IT, It will prob will not seal right. and you could have a sharp piece of gasket sticking out for detionation.

there’s your problem right there. I guarentee they take 140k+ mi motors, swap a head gasket, put big boost to it and blow it. i dont care if you had a gold plated titanium head gasket, if you dont check the block, the head, install it properly with zero foreign material or liquid, then you’ll have problems.

[quote=“nitroice40,post:34,topic:36042"”]

bad very bad

mine leaks? and i am a pro!