Anyone want to change my headgasket and timing belt for a good price.

so what is the best h/g to get? im putting my head on after i order one and i wanna get the best one the first time around.

im 81.5mm and should be over the 400whp mark. i called summit but they didnt have much in stock. anyone point me in the right direction?

it’s not like only a couple people have had problems with cometic, these are guys making 400+whp, i even saw one guy making 700. i’m pretty sure they’re having their head and block machined before they put them together considering how much it costs to make 700whp. there may be alot of tards on honda-tech but type in cometic under the search engine and look at all the negative stories. i don’t have personal experience but i take joe’s word for it on anything. get oem if it’s 81mm, anything bigger golden eagle.

who cares …pay someone to change it …like steve

i used a cometic gasket on my hatch …and my compression was over 13

OEM is tried and true, many times over. People have made gobs of power on them, same with Cometic, well tested. No product is without issues entirely, so a failure rate of .001% or whatever is to be expected. Head gaskets are a very simple part, and depend ENTIRELY on the surface of the head and block. They don’t just fail unless something was wrong with the installation.

H-T is filled with morons who say this or that is junk because of one small issue they ran into personally. These are people with a fleeting knowledge of how thier motor works, not some one you’d put weight on thier suggestions.

OP: Why do you think you need a headgasket? It’s not a part of the 90-100K service procedure, you shouldn’t mess with it unless you have verified it for sure via excessive WHITE smoke in the exhaust, leakdown test, etc. If it is in fact in good shape, and you are changing it in anticipation of your future boost setup, think about how a small change in compression will affect your turbo setup, and weigh it against the effort/cost involved

sounds like steve is turning into the PS honda mechanic

do you plan on paying steve to put your itb’s, rhd, and jdm front on as well? :bowrofl:

How exactly does a turbo app stress a timing belt more than an NA set-up other than potentially higher underhood temps?

I’ve had/dealt with a number of NA set-ups revving to 9000+ with agressive cams with zero problems with OEM timing belts.

Measure the stock gasket. I’ve seen them work just fine for a high compression high revving 81.25 mm setup (ctr oem oversized pistons).

for example… ctr pistons in my LS block were “out-of-the-hole” a couple thou. if the right oversized head gasket wasn’t in that motor, it would be smackin into it and causing problems. Just one more thing to reconize when building a motor

hey gearhead if i brought my hatch up to you guys for you to change the cam seals and the head gasket how much am i looking at?

oem timing belts are a good choice for 99 percent of all cars out there.

and my cometic gasket has seen tons of knock and boost up to 30psi. no troubles. Make sure you get a set of arps to lock that head down and properly prepare the surfaces.

update: OEM 81mm head gasket worked fine on 81.5mm bore with 9:1 CP pistons, pistons were a couple thousands lower than the top of the bore. Did a lot of research after posting this question and a lot of builders (Ex. Evans & Justice) will use this gasket on a 81.5 bore without any reprecussions.