Timing Belt

Hi guys! I’m normally a bike person, but alas I’m pretty sure I need to get my timing belt replaced in my '01 Hyundai Elantra. Anyone know a good place to get it done that won’t totally rip me off. One of the Hyundai dealers quoted me $300. Is that good?

Sounds pretty good to me, when i got mine done in my old car it was like 700.

I’d say its not bad but I have no idea about Hyundai. Its only a little bit more for the e30.

you could PM Carnut

this.

does carnut work at a hyundai dealer or could he do timing belts on any car?

don (carnut) is one of the most respected guys on this site. he does good work. he used to own hybrid connection where he did a lot of good work for a lot of guys. he has since closed the shop but still does freelance car repairs. i would trust him to fix anything on my car.

fyi: i am not friends with don. i would be willing to bet if he read this he would have no idea who i am. he helped me with my car and didn’t dick me around. i wouldn’t hesitate to have him work on my car. i am simply vouching for him based on my experience with him and his impeccable reputation on here.

Don’s da man when it comes to doing quality work, for a very reasonable price and always maintaining integrity! His labor is reasonable and he usually gets a great price on parts. If it’s a car and it needs fixin, take it to Don!

Only times I’ve seen Don unreasonable was when I was in the passenger seat and he was driving. He’s a lil bit Nascar mixed with Rally racing and maybe some Tokyo drift thrown in as well. Bring extra undies…you’ll crap yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.rodandpiston.com/db/upload/files/IMG_041.JPG
I also trusted him enough to have the keys to my boat. And look at the paint job he gave it. Bet yall didn’t know he’s an artist as well. LOL…J/K. I keed I keed.

All kidding aside the cliffs are in my 1st paragraph. Great guy and great mechanic. :slight_smile:

I remember you and your car. You had the swap out of Jenny’s old teg.

Thanks for all the compliments peoples. I appreciate it.

If you need something just pm me. :slight_smile:

Don