Anyone with a GSR or GSR swap?

I am trying to put the finishing touches on my ls/vtec head swap, and there are a few things on my manifold that don’t quite match up with the service manual pics. If anyone in the North Buffalo area has a B18C1 and would do me a favor by coming over to my place and letting me look at the wiring and hose layout, I would really appreciate it.

It’s kinda urgent, because I need a car for tomorrow. So if you can help me out, give me a ring at 510-5871 (Jim). Thanks.

:tisk: i hope you know what your doin.

I figured out my first issue - I was looking at the wrong service manual. I had a 98+, when I should have had the 94- manual. Now that that is fixed, there is what looks like a vacuum or coolant nipple on the bottom of the intake manifold (underneith, middle) - what does that go to? I am having a hard time finding it in the manual.

if its a copper niple then its vacuum. if its barbed its for coolant. this rule doesnt always apply for example the vauum pump for the brakes, but you get what i mean. is it the vacuum for the fpr??

No, I have that hooked up already. It is large - the same size as the brake booster nipple.

I am really starting to hate this double-stage manifold crap too. It barely fits and puts the throttle body so low in the bay.

meh, actually the fpr hose is alot smaller than the brake booster. And you need to wire up the dual stage to the ecu, and hook the vacuum to any vacuum port.

I meant that the unknown port is the same size as the brake booster.

http://www.bfn.org/%7Ebx744/92_1.JPG
that’s what I have no idea about. Anyone?

And one other thing - there is a small coolant fitting above the upper radiator hose. The FSM says it hooks up behind the thermostat housing on the furthest fitting towards the drivers side. The problem is that I don’t have that fitting on my block. So now what?

just cap off the small coolant fitting with a rubber cap. you can find those at pepboys or any other auto store. As far as the other unknown port, blow compresses air or any air/ fluid for that matter and tell us where it comes out. that will tell you if its vacuum or coolant. Actually now that i think of it, isnt that the vacuum that leads to the pcv valve on a gsr motor?? your gunna need to rig up a pcv system.

Nothing is going to come out of that port now - it has been sitting in my basement for months, and who knows how long it was sitting before that.

Any ideas on rigging the PCV? Can’t I just drill a hole in the valve cover and drop it in, like on the ls valve cover?

you need to rig the pcv system through the catch can when you hook it up.

why bother with the gsr mani that butterfly plate is so restictive. i have a skunk 2 brand new in the box still from when i had my gsr. i’ll give you a good deal on it.

pm’d.