B18c1 swap into 97 civic ex

Any ever do a gsr swap into a 97 civic ex? What radiator hoses do I need? What wires do I have to extend? And any other helpful info. Thanks

holy cow dude… better just search for a complete writeup on h-t.com

Very quickly.

Bseries hoses (civic Si for simplicity). Need reduced at the rad if you keep teh stocker.

The wiring depends on the year of the motor.

Don’t forget your mounts too.

Its NEVER been done

you may only have to extend wires for the IAT, other than that everything should match up, using the wiring harness from your 97.

Since your car is an EX you won’t have to do the IACV fix, so if you come across that in any write ups just disregard it.

i would honestly just get a radiator for a 99-00 civic si or a 94-97 del sol VTEC so you won’t have to worry about the different sized hoses. No need to get cheap when you’re already spending the money on an expensive motor swap.

The driver side motor mount will be your problem area, you will need a driver side motor mount AND motor mount bracket from a 99-00 civic si if you plan on reusing the liquid filled mount. An easier option is to get the motor mount bracket from innovative mounts (www.inlinefour.com <-lowest price i found) which allows you to use a 5th gen civic/integra style motor mount, meaning you can use the mount and bracket that is aleady attached to the gsr motor.

Other parts you will need are:

Rear T-bracket from 99-00 civic SI
Shift linkage from 94-01 integra or 99-00 civic SI
Axles and intermediate shaft from 94-01 integra or 99-00 civic si or 94-97 del sol VTEC
94-01 integra GSR throttle cable (unless you are putting a different I/M on which i recommend)
the aforementioned radiator hoses
possibly OBD conversion harness depending on what ECU you have.

off the top of my head that’s about all i can think of, if you give more information about the car or the swap i can help more.

Its a 94-97 gsr jdm full motor swap from h-motors I bought the two si brackets already. He told me ill be getting the p72 ecu for the obd2 and remanufactured cv shafts. I will go get a si rad and the si hoses. If I keep the i/m for now ill have to get the gsr cable? Cause after maket is not in budget yet need exhust first.

Correct me if I’m wrong, a throttle cable from a 94-97 Teg should work with that swap combo unless you do some interesting cable-coupling with the stock cable and a short connector cable.

Yes you’ll need a GSR throttle cable, and preferrably a bracket to keep it off the IM…but it can be ziptied to something in the meantime

you do NOT want to get civic si rad hoses. the upper goes into the head in the front on a b18c and on the side on b16’s

correct, but only applies to a b18c1…not the c5. You’ll need GSR upper and lower coolant hoses. The radiator inlet and oulets are in the exact same place regardless of which b-series it is.

My mistake on the hoses. Last GSR I did had the hoses on the motor already.

Thanks for the tips If I got any more questions ill let you guys know.

Do I need to gat a gsr fuel feed line and return line? And how do you know if you got a jdm or usdm ecu? Cause I think I got a usdm ecu this is what it looks like but is not mine on the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBD2A-p72-ACURA-INTEGRA-GSR-COMPUTER-A-COND-b18c1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33596QQihZ005QQitemZ150289299588QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

your fuel feed and return should remain the same (never did a gsr swap personally but have never seen any different ones used) and you have a USDM ecu.

www.honda-tech.com then you do this magic thing called “search” this swaps only been done 424438432432894392439times

you sir are correct

there is actually a faq on this there with every bit of info you could ever need

some sits tell you one thing and other tell you different. I was just asking cause I thought you would nice and just tell me how.

I was suprised how many people actually popped out useful info on pittspeed haha.

well if you need any more help just ask, i get frustrated sometimes on honda-tech shoveling through all the wrong info, it seems like for every kid i set on the right path there, there’s 3 more telling him false or only half right info.

well the faq threads setup on there dont have any bs replies in there for the most part

its basically a parts list and a step by step guide to doing it

makes it easier than going through tons of threads with crappy replies

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/878010

doesnt get much easier than that search wise

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=642479