anyone with carb experience? (vw related)

well im very indecisive(sp?) with what i want to do with my rabbit and i found a carb setup for sale but just curious if anyone has any exp with tuning carbs and if i should just not even bother. p.s. dont tell me f.i. is the way to be and to keep it cause its vw cis and it blows half the time. i did want to do megasquirt but after the 1000.00+ it would be to get everything going this deal has got me thinking its a good price for the set…if that matters

carbs…

rabbit with a 16v…

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f331/XwalkerX666/cruisewf.jpg

Did you do the laminex on your lights yourself?

Get a nice balancer setup and start learning. It’s not THAT difficult, but definitely takes some time to get used to.

Atleast they arent SU’s :lol:

tri power FTW

yup. i think it came out well.

anyway anymore carb info?..anyone??

are you going to boost it still?

a blow through setup would be fucking ill!

mmm, ITB’s enclosed in boosted plenum? SEX.

are you figureing the cost of MS to be 1000 or just the total cost with all the extra bullshit? i mean, idk about on your setup but i know i can get everything i need for like 600 for my car (4cyl nissan) idk how many diff parts you would need tho.

I think the 1000 roughly includes the carbs and MS

because he would get a stand alone fuel management computer to run his carbs?

:bloated: it’s one of those days for me. I meant that the 1 grand would be roughly his total investment.

LOL

walker im interested in your ITB’s. ill call you later tonight

LOL^

YES, only if your gonna spray the fuck out of it, then YES YES YES

:rofl:

It would be an interesting setup. Would simplify, and yet make things more complicated at once.

Fuel injection is this shit but to pop the hood on your car and see a tri carb setup, that’d would be true hotness.

well the way i see it is that boosting it will be like 2500. getting it going with my itbs from a gsxr on m/s will be 1000 (total investment because i would have to fab a manifold along with other little crap i would need) and these carbs would make it look the tits and would cost less than everything… honestly i would like to learn more about them cause i think this may be the way i take. shrives call me we can work something out.

so are you just getting the carbs cause it looks cool?

hahah

thats what I thought too.

damn VW kids…

^^^
this tubby bitch can blow me.

but besides that back on topic i would get the carbs to have a different setup than everyone else is running. sorry i asked a question to find out some info on carbs. it would be nice to know that i could just tune it the way i want it to run just by changing the jets aroudn. im currently running cis which is vws stupid fueling system that never seems to run right anyway.

Fuck you?

I was being sarcastic you ass…

and from my experience tuning the carbs on our TR-6, tuning carbs isnt too bad…

and if youre running like shit in your current setup, id say go for it…