anyplace in the area have a mandrel bender for steel tubing ?

i know its ben asked on UBRF before, but that was a while ago, figured id check again

no crush bending allowed
yes i realize that u-bends can be fabbed into anything, but a mandrel bender would be > due to ease and quickness

if not, does anyone know of a site that has something setup to do quotes ? kinda like emachineshop allows you to design your own item and you can get a price check on teh spot …

I’m 99.99% sure that’s a big negitive… unless someone got one recently. Last I knew, nobody in the area had one

damnit. ive got a few tubing projects this summer that would be worth having reproduced, and a few more on my mind that i would love to talk a few people into letting me do on their car …

if someone in the area had one, i could easily take the finished product in for replication… and make some loot sellin them on the net …

Last time i checked, a mandrel bender goes for over 25k, just not enough demand in the area for that price tag.

i think someone from another club found a mandrel bender up in toronto

i thought a simple hydraulic bender was under 10k?

and toronto is still a ways to take a car for reproduction of pieces… if i have to go that far id probably be better off seeing if any of the guys on mm.com have a mandrel bender, see if i can get some type of “fellow forum member” deal on stuf …

eeeh, ill have to see what i can come up with

45 minutes to an hour away is too far?

What diameter tubing?

The cheapest mandrel bender is $45,000 because I looked into one, and each die is between $2500 and $5000 depending on the diameter of pipe you are looking to bend so for each size you need a die.

100% there are NO mandrel machines in the WNY area for exhaust work. I know where there is one that can bend 1.5" locally

2.5 at most

I don’t know if they bend it there but ClassicTube has mandrel bent exhaust tubing in different angle degrees.

G-Force?

I have a hydraulic tube bender if you want to borrow it.
Maybe that is not what you are looking for.:gotme:

What diameter do you need?

then i guess ill just have to get a blade for the chopsaw and make a tubing alignment jig for myself

and work on my weld quality :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t need a mandrel bender to do DOM or CrMoly chassis tubing

I am pretty ignorant about tubing. So how do they bend it?

with a standard hydraulic bender. The chassis tube is thick wall so you don’t need a mandrel to go inside to prevent it from colapsing

There is a local company that makes elbows and other bent pieces.
I think they ballize the elbows to maintain the roundness of the ID.
It used to be called Jensen Fittings but I think they were purchased and renamed by Swagelok.