APPLE Nerds, 1st en Ipad locked quick question

I bought a 1st gen Ipad that is disabled. I hooked it up to my itunes but it was locked with a passcode so I cant restore it, or can I?

Its not stolen, it was left in a lost and found for over 5 months and no one claimed it. If I go to the Apple store will they unlock it for me or confiscate it?

Google “Start iPad in recovery mode”

Then just restore a firmware to it

plugging it into itunes lets you restore it if you put in in DFU mode or whatever.

Nevermind, I went to the store and they did it. Typing fom it now, not bad or $50

Lol, you bought a lost iPad, which the orignal owner thinks was stolen, but it wasn’t it was in lost and found. So you bought it, unlocked it.

Ever think of looking up the users information, email, ect… And Returning it?

Nope, it was in lost and found for over 5 months. It was disabled so i couldn’t find out whos it was. Mine now. They didnt want it that bad if they didnt ask for it back where they lost it and probably go 3-4 times a week. On top of that it was at the counter in plain sight for them to see everyday.

Lol, this gets better…

I hope you enjoy some hs kids IPad… Baller

Rigghhtt, thanks.

I added a poll to see what people would do.

Hey, you know what you can do now? Sell it! Then turn a profit!

I kinda like it, its pretty much a toy for my daughter.

Wait, you gave it to your daughter?

Wow! Life lesson here…

(I will not take away from you for doing your best to give everything to your daughter)

But what if it was yours first and you paid full retail for it? Then your daughter left it…

Are you kidding me, Are you a pastor or something? Holy shit, I’m not giving it back to someone who doesn’t want it. You really must be perfect. Every fucking thread on here has arguments in it, I asked how to unlock it not if it was morally correct to give it back or not. My daughter is 2, she won’t know she will have it destroyed in a week anyway so then when I throw in the trash maybe you will be happy. Oh and I’m still posting from it, sweet stuff.

JDMSIR if you didnt take it someone else would of. Good for you to getting to it first. If it was sitting some where for 5 months no way they are coming back for it. Anonymity did you not eat your Corn flakes this Am

Lost and found where?

A public place, its to late now. they have a 3 month rule and it was close to 6 when they sold it to me.

Policy is policy. Should every lost and found set items aside for life…just in case? If you lost something and either couldn’t find or didn’t bother trying to find it within 3 months…probably not that important to ya.

I see no problem…somebody negligently left their personal property in a public place…didn’t bother to check or even call for it, and this person expects that this place of business will hold it for them forever…Nah…good pickup.