Aquatic stores?

i know just google, but does anyone have any good or bad things to say as far as a fish store references in the cheektavegas and surrounding area’s. i’m @ Blackforest on the south east corner of the airport and need to find me an algae eater. my huge pleco is getting lazy. didn’t want to clutter up SilverGT’s salt thread with fresh water OT BS. Pet supplies plus is as close to a chain as i’d like to get in a pinch, Petco and PetSmart irk me… so a mom and pop is what I’d like to find.

what store do you suggest, and what kind of algae eater do you recommend. Chinese algae eaters and OTTO’s came up in the other thread. tank is a standard 55gal that gets a touch too much light so the uprights of my undergravel (no powerheads) get some funk in them and the plastic plants are getting fur on them. running an aquaclear 70 on the back and 4 undergravel panels with 4 airstones in the uprights for flow and i’ve had great luck in other tanks as far as keeping them near maintenance free but i’m sorta stuck where this tank lives @ work. i’m overdue for a water change but the water quality is excellent other than the start of some algae growth.

thanks everyone.
-Zac

a place just opened up in hamburg on lake st its called like et’s fish store or some shit. has a pic of the alien et on the sign. weird. google it

here it is shortly after i moved it to the showroom so it’s a touch cloudy, had to dump the few orphans from the move in it to keep them from getting hurt. sorry it’s so big…
http://www.pookrat.com/uploads/pics/BMFSfish.jpg

saw that place… touch father than i’d like to travel during my lunch hour but i will for sure check them out as the unofficial “in-laws” live outside the Burg’

the fish place for fresh and some salt.

for salt saltwater paradise

2 best around… imo…

yea, you’re going to have to drive to NT for the fish place. no other options for really good info and service.

Was just going to say that; best fish store around is off Colvin in NT; “The Fish Place”. looks like a shit-hole from the outside, but they have the best selection of everything, and actually KNOW what they’re talking about when it comes to fish.

lol. wtf.

no joke, it’s strait up roswell tourist trap looking…

http://www.areefcreation.com/store/

4700 Genesee Street, Suite #112

its like 2 minutes from your work

absolutely sick salt water shop, wow. but i’m after fresh, thanks!

sooooooo expensive, those prices are crazy. lol, i hope they’re misprints.

I’m looking to buy a glass aquarium. I haven’t decided between a bow front or a tall hexagon type of tank. Will any place local have a good selection?

fish place, markheim has a good selection, but by far fish place.

Yup, and whatever Fish Place doesn’t have in-stock, they can custom order for you.

salt water paradise in tonawanda… i think that was the name of the place… by mighty taco…

not to threadcrap but if you have an algae issue, algae eaters are not the solution… your sulfate levels are probably over the top and keeping up with water changes is the best way to deal with algae.

+1 for the Fish Place. Very knowledgeable fish people. We have a pair of breeding Labidochromus caerulus that have youngsters we sell to them once in a while.

threadjack:

I’ve got 2 red bellied pacu’s that have outgrown their 55 gallon tank. Stupid me didn’t check to see how big they get before I got them. Free to a good home!

/threadjack

LOL… yea most people don’t realize how large these get… I’m still surprised they sell them at PETSMART!!! nothing like selling a fish that can get to be 2-3’ in length and >20#s when full grown…

Yeah. I should have known better too. I made the same mistake a few years ago with an Oscar. I’ll probably just put these two out of their misery. No fish store will take them because so many people make the same mistake.

I’ll probably just give these guys a quick painless death and go tropical. Lots of small colorful fish are more interesting anyway.