AR gun peeps step in

wondering where you guys get your .223 ammo and what brands you prefer? Obviously BGC has it, as well as all the other typical places, but where do you purchase your ammo? I wanna pick up 1, possibly 2 1000 round cases and obviously would like to pay as little as possible. And also not looking for crap brand ammo.

So far, the only ammo i’ve run thru it is PMC.

Any input is appreciated.

Do not use wolf in the AR. Everything else has been fine, but wolf has fouling issues. It’s fine for the AK, but not 5.56

ya, that’s what I’ve heard from alot of people.

www.gunbroker.com

Wolf ammo is military surplus isnt it? I know a lot of military surplus ammo has fouling issues.

BGC is way over priced on ammo and everything else in the store for that matter. well everything other than reloading stuff.

I buy my ammo local here in Rochester at a place called Beikirch Ammunition Corporation they have better prices than online (they are not gouging like the rest of the industry) so when .223 comes in it sells crazy fast.

They have the best price on American Eagle which is made by federal and so far my AR likes it.

Last I checked they had around 1 million rounds on order and were expecting some in over the next few weeks.

^^^ I always thought BGC was over priced on ammo as well.

I called Beikirch and they said $500 for a thousand rounds. Called BGC and it’s $369 for a thousand PMC rounds.

holy crap I wonder what ammo it was.

a shipment or two ago i got 500 for 170ish before tax.

ar15’s rock!

He didn’t mention the brand, but I have to assume it’s a higher quality brand. Or at least I would hope.

I may grab a thousand round case from each for the hell of it.

I’ve shot the American Eagle and never had any problems with it. Much cheaper than Remington or similar. Just get FMJ rounds.

I have heard ammoman.com is good but usually buy mine out of Ohio in person.

American Eagle is good, the fouling problem with Wolf comes from a coating on the brass IIRC…

Speaking of guns anyone going to the gun show at the fairgrounds??? Do they sell amo there?

If you like rifles that jam.
Gas tube sucks

Yeah they sell ammo. I’m probably going to the gun show because I need one stupid 1/16 roll pin for my AR.

Beikirch quoted me $200 after tax for 500 American Eagle, and they come down in price (especially in person, and with cash) when you buy more.

I’m really surprised at that price for PMC from BGC. They’re usually really high on stuff. Guess they have a really good bulk discount.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Or are you favoring bolt action over a semi?

I’m actually looking to pick up an AR or AK if anyone knows of one for sale locally.
D

neither. Regarding the direct gas impingement design.
That combined with the resulting fouling and counterproductive tight tolerances = jams.
im not interested in discussing it since I don’t really care.

to each his own.

So you meant to say “gas impingement sucks”, because a large number of firearms have “gas tubes”.

Gas impingement doesn’t suck if you can take the 5 minutes to clean your firearm. End of discussion. (which your ninja edit proves you DO care)

lol ok