arcing on my lt-lost

it has been doing this since i bought the car and really doesn’t bother me that much but it pisses me off that i didn’t fix yet. after the car warms up a little bit you can hear the arcing and see it at night. it arc’s from the coil and from some of the wires ware they plug into the optispark and on some ends of the wires ware they meet the plugs. i replaced the wires,cap/rotor, coil,spark plugs and removed the metal boot covers(which helped the idle). after i replaced those parts, it arced in the exact same places. this is only at idle and causes a little missfire. i plan on taking the motor out anyway but i am curious to find out whats causing it. the only other thing i could think of is a module(i don’t think thats it though) cuz that’s just about the only thing left.

take off the metal caps & spray wd on the area its arching

ever had a problem like this?

hows the cap?

meaning the optispark cap? brand new

gm?

still wouldnt expain the arching at the plugs or the coil… i think bad wires… even though you replaced them… DAMN LT’s

sell that setup get ls1

i’ll tell you what…since your having problems with your car i’ll trade you.

the iroc for the camaro. deal?

you didn’t sell that yet? how much?

gm cap/rotor, i’m thinking wires to. the wires are accel high temps. i never really had that much luck with accel stuff and the coil is an msd. delco plat. plugs

accel stuff thats it

had similar prob with accel also
wouldn’t be surprised

No…

nothign wrong with the lt1, you’re just having trouble with one of its biggest downfalls… if you’re tearing down soon, get a coil/cyl. system - epensive, but you’ll probably not have problems again… and at the price of a GM distr. now-a-days, its really not all that bad…

everyone has problems with accel, so change that i guess… mine has MSD wires, and since i changed my distr., (about 10K ago) i’ve never had a problem since