Problem fixed

My car was missing bad above 3k
change the 02 sensors, change cap/rotor, pulled the plugs
numerous times and nothing:

after fucking around i decided to re-gap my
bosche Plugs + 4’s ( which is 4 prongs instead of 1 ) comes pregapped and no fixing what so ever from bosche.
thats a :nono: :rofl:
took for a ride missing @ idle through 6500: yes my dumbass did that:rolleyes:

came back pulled the plugs again: re-gapped them to what they were… :slight_smile:
thinking :wtf: why are they kinda loose:itr41:

problem solved
I always tightend the plugs while it was cool:
this time i Tourqed those MOFOs down while hot:D

Don’t miss and pulls like a Mofo:blue: :blue:
after Pewter, Oneslowbowtie and I did
some work to it;)

and :gives: :tounge:

5 hours of :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Shaggy should be banned from posting after 3am. :smiley:

how did you manage to gap 4 prong plugs?

sweet,track friday night?:smiley:

Originally posted by Pewterss
sweet,track friday night?:smiley:

yeah right. like he will take it there.

was it missing when we raced? just wondering if you will beat me now.

:cool:

Originally posted by turbovw18
how did you manage to gap 4 prong plugs?

i used a old fashioned gapper that had a tiny spike at the end: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :doh:

Originally posted by flyinglow57
yeah right. like he will take it there.

was it missing when we raced? just wondering if you will beat me now.

:dunno: was it :smiley:
you’ll just have to wait and see:mullet:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:gives: its still a 15 second mustang

4 pronged spark plugs? Sounds like somones trying to compensate for something… :eek3:

I’ve always wondered about those 4 prong plugs. A lot of engine builders will index the plugs so that the open side faces into the combustion chamber. So why would you want 4 prongs to shroud the spark? Also, your ignition system is still only putting out a certain amount of energy. So if you have 4 prongs, and therefore 4 sparks (really, they’re electrical arcs, not sparks… but anyway) they’ll each be 1/4 as strong as a single would be. :shrug:

-TJ

Originally posted by tjZ28
I’ve always wondered about those 4 prong plugs. A lot of engine builders will index the plugs so that the open side faces into the combustion chamber. So why would you want 4 prongs to shroud the spark? Also, your ignition system is still only putting out a certain amount of energy. So if you have 4 prongs, and therefore 4 sparks (really, they’re electrical arcs, not sparks… but anyway) they’ll each be 1/4 as strong as a single would be. :shrug:

-TJ

Originally posted by Darkstar
4 pronged spark plugs? Sounds like somones trying to compensate for something… :eek3:

i thought the spark just takes the path of least resistance anyways… meaning that the other 3 are useless? or am i wrong?

They only thing those plugs are good for are when your car is eating oil and you foul plugs alot… which I could see your stang doing since it is a 5.0 :smiley: :tounge:

i was under the assumption there were 4 prongs to create more then 1 path for the spark to travel. the spark will use teh path with the least resisitance at the time of the spark? i didnt think they actually made 4 sparks at once

:dunno:

EDIT:

beat me too it! :mad:

i am running the 4 prong plugs too… did not know you could gap them though

Originally posted by 8Grand
I could see your stang doing since it is a 5.0 :smiley: :tounge:
:mad:

:tounge:

Originally posted by 8Grand
i thought the spark just takes the path of least resistance anyways… meaning that the other 3 are useless? or am i wrong?

They only thing those plugs are good for are when your car is eating oil and you foul plugs alot… which I could see your stang doing since it is a 5.0 :smiley: :tounge:

Electricity will take the path of least resistance, true. But if the plug aren’t complete shit each prong should have very similar resistance. The amount of current that flows down each path is proportional to the ratio of the resistances of said paths. In other words, just because one path has the least resistance by some small amount does NOT mean all the current will flow down it.

Think of the current flow like water flow. Say you have one large pipe that splits into 4 smaller pipes (representing the core of the plug and each of the gaps between the center electrode and the prongs). Say the 4 smaller pipes all vary in diameter by a few thousandths of an inch. Sure… whichever is biggest has the least resistance, but overall the path of least resistance is to spread the flow over all 4 paths.

For resistors in parallel (in the case of a spark plug the air gap between each prong and the electrode can be considered a resistor) the current flow through that resistor (aka the spark on each prong) I is given as follows…

I1 = V/R1, I2 = V/R2, I3 = V/R3, … In = V/Rn
Of course V = IR where I = I1+I2+…+In and R = R1+R2+…+Rn. What that is saying is that the current flow through any circuit of parralel resistors (well, any resistors for that matter) is simply equal to the difference in potential on either side of the network of resistors no matter how many paths it takes between them. So if you have a given ignition system that is only capable of producing a certain amount of current you will get 4 weaker sparks w/ one of those fruity 4 prong plugs. :wink:

-TJ

damn, you read too much :kekegay:

Been missing me?

-TJ