Melted ground wire. HELP!!!

I got a 91 Camaro RS with a 305 TPI out of an 88 Iroc. It’s been running perfect for months now but all of a sudden the other night it wouldn’t start. It cranked really slow then some smoke came up from around my starter along with the smell of burnt wire. I checked it the next day and nothing was burnt but my starter wires were loose. I got everything tight and working but over the past few days I had the problem again. If I had someone lift up on the passenger fender it would start fine again. I still couldn’t find any burnt or pinched wires until it finally burnt the small ground wire going from the negative batterey terminal to the passenger side fender. I replaced the wire and now my car won’t start at all. It still cranks but it’s slow and seems like the battery’s dead even though it has a full charge. I got spark and fuel but nothing seems to make it want to start. It cranks but doesn’t even try to catch. Any ideas???

make sure all conections are clean and good especially the ground. that means both ends.

its cuz of the weather sam …it don’t wanna go out in it…

did you put the winter air in your tires yet, i bet that’s what it is. oh i know that has a triple overhead cam 41 valve engine right, make sure you tighten all your hose clamps with a left handed screwdriver.

run a ground to the engine also. try to make sure all grounds are lade. you may have spark but not good spark because the engine isnt grounded properly

lol…i tried telling him

but he did get it run’n last night…it was the starter…had a bad selonoid(sp)

a gm starter went bad!!! never :kekegay:

shouldn’t that be the first thing you replace on a gm when it won’t start. Either that or a fuel pump.

you should fix your car the right way - drop it off a cliff and buy a mustang. :smiley:

Tell me about it, I went through 3 of them already…

technically you only had one go bad. The other one probably got all fucked up in the accident when they took out the front of the car…