are Insignia LCD tvs bad?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9144366&type=product&id=1218035841426

im looking at the tv as it’s a pretty nice deal for a 1080p, but im not really sold yet on Insignia. I cant really afford any other 1080p tv. i was looking at 720p tv’s until i noticed this one on sale. thoughts?

IMO, you get what you pay for when it comes to electronics. I stick with good reviews first and then start shopping for deals.

its a great tv. I hung one on my wall in the bedroom and i have no regrets. Picture is great.

You get what you pay for. It will not perform on par with similarly spec’d but (higher priced) models from more reputable manufacturers.

Does that mean it doesn’t work? Not really, depends on what you want. Why would you care about having 1080p on a 37" TV though?

I was originally just looking at 32 inch tvs and they were all 720. Then I saw the insignia so I was getting curious about it

yeah if it’s just 37 or even 42, don’t worry too much about 720 vs. 1080. how much are you looking to spend? spend $600, get a panasonic 42" plasma, guaranteed best bang for your buck.

No in not getting a plasma

Walk into “The Speaker Shop” on 3604 main street accross from UB south. Look to your left at the 42" Plasma Samsung. Give them $650ish and enjoy. That TV looks incredible. Maybe it has to do with how they have it setup though, i’m not sure on all of that stuff.

Not a bad deal,the 2yr warranty is nice,reviews seem good.

However,you can find name brand online that is priced similar…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290348142647

No tax on ebay,so its almost close to even.

yeah i wouldn’t want a bigger, better tv that has an awesome reputation and amazing ratings for close to the same price either.

I have one…it works, the HD looks good. It doesn’t blow me away, but it’s obviously WAY better than SD. Oh, and I have had mine for more than 1 year.

I have a 32" Insignia Plasma. I love the TV. Menu is really well set up. Plenty of hookups. Great picture. And the TV doesn’t look bad itself. Depending on how much you save, it will probably be worth it.

LCD’s are supposed to be the latest and greatest right? Price seems right to me.

Ya, was looking at that tv too, good price. I heard they are made by Lg.

Insignia is the best buy house brand and different models are made by different people.

They have a reputation for being the best of the shit (but not the worst of the mid-range).

lots of people report poor reliability but many are happy enough with the quality when they work.

they are probably fine for a bedroom or garage, but I wouldn’t want it as my main TV.

if I’m not mistaken they will take and display 1080p but don’t have enough pixels to be a true 1080p so there is additional scaling which is common on cheaper TVs and will reduce quality. It probably doesn’t matter to the type of person considering this TV.

I have a 42" Samsung Plasma and it’s great. Dell Home has a couple pretty cheap right now.

Generally you can expect to get what you pay for in TV’s.

If its on sale, its probably an old model and the new one is almost always better.

If you’re not very picky, and you’re not since you are asking about a cheap TV, you will love it.

Correction Dynex is the Best Buy house brand which just happens that most of theres are rebadged Insignia’s

I have 26’ 720p Dynex in a spare bedroom it looks great.

The old addage you get what you pay for is not always true there are some great tv’s that perform great in the lower price bracket.

Hell ever person I know in some of the irc channels I hang out in said Westinghouse LCD’s sucked, well I get nothing but comments on my 42" Westie.

It is a rather subjective thing… yes I would love a 240hz Samsung or Sony LCD or a Pioneer or Panasonic Plasma but there price is just too rich.

My Westinghouse is about 1.5 yrs old now.

I had it backwards, you’re right on that.

but it’s subjective like getting a new angus burger at mcdonalds and calling it high quality meat.

right

that angus burger isn’t the best on the planet, but it still tastes good and fulfills the hunger