Are you afraid of heights?

edit: wrong thread.

It dependsā€¦ I checked NO because I snowboard all the time and love flying through the airā€¦ But at the same time, leaning over the rail on the ski lift makes me woozie. I guess under my own control Iā€™m not afraid of heightsā€¦

YES. I get all nervous and my heart rate goes up. Usually not at small heights, or places I know I wonā€™t fall though.

love em

all dependsā€¦ lately i overthink everything and that normally makes me get overly concerned.

heights in general not so much but Iā€™m not too fond of ladders.

it doesnt really bother me till itā€™s way high up.

Such as:
Stratosphere rides in vegas
the top of La Sagrada Familia cathedral in Barcelona.

anyone ever been to the top of the CN tower in Torontoā€¦where they have that glass floor?

I REFUSED to walk over the glass floor. I am a huge pussy about it.

My wife hated itā€¦
I tried to get her to jump up and down on it like silly Americans :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll grab a pic so I can show you the side that looks (to me) like itā€™s hard to get at. I donā€™t have a ladder that reaches the top nor a way to get at the house sideā€¦

Oh, and if you fall and die Iā€™m dragging you off of my property and hiding the ladder before I call 911.

Is there a flat on the house side, or is it at least centered on the ridge?

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77611

I donā€™t mind heights as long as I am in control. But, when a plane hits an air pocket during take off and drops like 10-15 ft I always get that ā€œholy shitā€¦ā€ feeling.

Depends on the situation. I think that free climbing through areas of say, the grand canyon, is beyond moronic and I get really nervous when friends go into loose gravel areas on mountains or canyons that look like certain death. However Iā€™ve been cliff diving, repelling, etc and none of those bothered me. Nor do high buildings.

Yes, but only after you get to a certain height such as the glass floor at the CN Tower or any of those pictures Lafengas posted. Being on ladders and inside office buildings doesnā€™t bother me unless of course its Burj Dubaiā€¦

Afraid of heights no, afraid of falling due to a lack of proper safety equipment hell yeah.

EX: I would not paint Fryā€™s chimney either. I have however climbed a 150ā€™ tower and bungee jumped off it with almost no hesitation (first ā€œ3-2-1 bungeeā€ countdown I leaned ove the edge but caught myself. Second one I went).

So yeah, Iā€™m more aware of the consequences than afraid of the height.

I built up a small tolerance for heights roofing for a paycheck and carrying 80 pound bundles of shingles 2 stories.

/flex

That is the worst part of roofing.
I had too many packs deliverd to my roof and had to get them back down.
After 4 or so, I started dropping them off.

Na.

I used to repel down cliffs so being on top of a building doesnā€™t bother me. Only time I get concerned is if I have the ability to fall off it. Ill stay roped to a structure 300ā€™ off the ground but I am scared as hell to fall off a 6ā€™ ladder.

Rappel.