Are you nuts about letting people drive your manual trans car?

Its funny how weird I am about letting people drive my manual trans car.

I don’t want anyone to drive it, and I drive a piece of shit 03 saturn ion. Imagine if I had a real car.

I put mobil 1 in the gearbox, and it shifts so slick. I don’t want anyone to mess it up.

My girlfriends father moved it out of the driveway when I was sleeping, and I felt sick to my stomach because I knew that he had moved it, and he isn’t very adept at driving a stick.

If it was an automatic, I wouldn’t care in a million years who backed it up.

I hate that shit too, but mainly because my shifter is mad sloppy and it’s pretty embarrassing.

With the van tho, which is auto I’d throw the keys to anyone.

Depends on the car. I loaned out the S2000 a lot because it was easy to drive and relatively foolproof. No one (outside of a very select few) drives the FD because it’s a fucking monster and most people have no idea what they’d be in for. Though, it is super easy to drive thanks to tons of torque, low weight and high gears.

i dont give a shit about the tranny

but i dont let noobs to power drive the car. esp the way the boost comes in.

i’ve let many people drive the car from A --> B. just a car

only my bro and dad will drive it

I just don’t like it when people leave it in gear with the ebrake down.

yeah i dont like it, expecially if im tryign to sell a car with no trans problems.

and they are like can i test drive it.

Then they grind it til they find it.

thats not good for anything and its hurting my sales.

to the point id give them a ride before id let them drive it.

tho i did let the last kid test drive the red car before he bought it.

only because i knew he was buying it

So basically you’re the only one who drives it? Didn’t your setup have like 800 something crazy horsepower? I don’t think many people really could handle that.

Let someone drive my car once, did that. nobody has driven it since.

WORD

neutral with e-brake 100%

I really dont mind letting people that I KNOW can drive stick drive my car, if they fuck up they never get to drive it again.

The BMW, I dont give a shit, I give it to everyone.

The Porsche, very very very select few due to the gearbox being finicky (very easy to blow up if you dont know how to drive it) and the way the power comes on and the extremely low weight. Brent_strong and dmoffitt are two people who I dont hesitate to toss the keys to the pcar to for any extended period of time.

the mazda i would loan to a few people who i knew could drive it. the jeep was pretty off limits only because it had an off road clutch and was tough to manage if you didnt know what you were getting yourself into.

yea, pretty much no one but me or my Dad.

But its over 20yrs old with original trans…It was my Dad’s so I can’t stop him from driving it.

My dad and my friend Matt. I don’t think I’d trust anyone else.

In the past i’ve let people drive my car while I was in it, because the trans was fucked up and I knew I was going to get it fixed eventually.

Now though with the new trans/clutch/hydralics, I don’t think thats going to happen ever.

Don’t really care. Though it’s funny too see people let off almost all the way, think they’re in neutral, then POP!, instant grab. :lol:

no, im saying people who have handled alot of power before, whether it be in their own, or whatever. obviously firehawk853 can handle the power. he drives mine and i drive his. same with muscle50. when we have neighborhood parties and im too drunk to drive, i let him take out jessica alba and jessica simpson and scare their nice little skirts off. psychopjv has driven it because we like to give each other baths. my dad can drive it because he can handle it, and if for some reason something went wrong, he can afford to replace it. same goes to my nieghbor. hes not the best driver, but fuck, if he puts it in the wall, ill just take his viper, or challenger, or challenger, or cuda, or cuda, or denali. get the point? lol.

and i trust most of my closer friends. if i tell them to not get on it, i trust that they wont. at the end of the day its just a car. if they can get my car rolling with the solid iron disc, they are good to go

NOTED>. yayyy… i hope im around this summer xoxo

lol

i cant speak for this year. the car might be a whole different animal…