Arp head bolts 4 ka24de

:cool:HEY FELLOW SONNERS

just thought i’d let everyone in on my experience with trying to order ka24de head bolts. This is my story…ok so i bought a cometic head gasket for my new engine, and i know you MUST change the head bolts if they have been taken out of the motor. So i go down to one of the local tuning shops and wanted to order good stuff, ARP all the way is what i was thinking, and after looking through the ARP catalogue with the guy behind the desk for a while we just couldn’t find the head bolts i needed. they made ones for KAE, SR, CA, RB series, even the newer nissan engines… BUT NO KA24DE!!

I thought well thats bullshit… i got on the phone to ARP at there California homebase. Got talking to Gary one of there technical advisors… and he went on to tell me ARP DOESN’T MAKE KA24DE SPECIFIC HEAD BOLTS! BUT!!
Gary assured me with ARP’s name backing him up that a MAIN STUD KIT FROM A 91-94 SATURN 1.9L ENGINE WOULD FIT PERFECTLY (part # 165-5401) AND ACTUALLY WOULD BE EVEN TIGHTER THEN HEAD BOLTS AND THEY ARE REUSEABLE!
This really surprised me that they were essentially the same kit even though i wanted head bolts not main studs. I haven’t installed them yet, as i am waiting for them to cross the border but ARP assured me they would work

ANYWAY JUST FIGURED ALOT OF YOU WOULD FIND THIS INFO. VERY HELPFUL IF YOU ARE GOING WITH A NEW HEAD GASKET ON YOUR KA24DE!!
DON’T BELIEVE ME?! CALL ARP YOURSELF!!

i would get something in writeing so if they dont fit you wont be screwd

I was contemplating that but i have witness’s from “performance improvements” where i ordered it that said they’d back me if they dont work. but i will get arp to fax me a writen statement saying they gaurentee they work.

Just order them from AMSperformance.com in chicago. They have them on the shelf. Don’t mess around when it come to motor builds. ARP and AMS have a working system and thats why they stock these. Its like $130.00 US

theres a vendor on zilvia selling them for 100 usd shipped

serious? hmmm… i’ll lookinto these, thanks for the heads up