ASE Certification

Just wondering which guys on here are certified. Tried getting the book to study by ordering it online but still no answer from these people. I believe the next test is in april

i still need to take mines lol.

do you have 2 full years of employment in the automotive field? its a requirement and you have to show proof. i am certified for service writer. i forget how much the test cost there not cheap. luckly sears payed for mine.

yeah i do, theyre like 40 bux a test, whcih isnt a probelm, the problem is gettin the damn book to study

i think there is a number hold on

Certified Master here.

And for what it’s worth, all that truly means is that I’m good at standardized test taking. I took all 8 in one shot, 4 one night, 4 the next, no problem. Being totally honest, I would bet my wife would pass at least 4 of the 8.

I’m not a big fan of the whole ASE thing if you didn’t already get that.

I am Master Certified even though i don’t work on cars anymore.

either am i but dealerships love it when your an ase certified anything. i would not take the mechanics test.

<- 2 time recert Master. That and 1.50 gets me a medium coffee at hortons. It does look better in court when i testify that i have a degree and master tech cert. The recerts are easy i havent touched a transmission in like 20 years and i passed them. and yes i’m friggen old

its worth getting

is that a question or a statement?

it depends entirely on what you’re trying to do with it.

i took the electrical one and passed. i laughed the whole time. i don’t like the tests only because we had a guy who was L1 certified, went through the 4 yr canadian school or w/e it was and it took him 14 hours to do a starter on a bmw, after completion of doing it, took it on a road test and realized he forgot 2 bolts on the lower crossmember, pulls over on the side of transit rd around 4:45pm and leaves the door open in the rain to look underneath the car to see what the noise was…

but the ase cert looks great on paper

i took & passed 4 ASE test. fuck tech A and tech B

They are both asshole’s. Neither one is correct LOL The answer is always D

I am Master Certified and have recerted this past year.

I also have my L1 advanced automotive diagnostic cert.

I like the system. If every one could pass, they would.

I think it looks good on paper, that said, doesn’t mean you need them to make you a good tech. It’s a nice distinction from the everyday run of the mill grease monkey stigma.

Why would an engineer want an ASE cert?

I’m thinkin it would look awesome for someone looking to do design/engineer work for one of the big three. Would show you dont just know theory but application/usage

^ 100% agree

for future use like the other guys said, im still a good 100 credits away from my degree, im doing dual mech eng and business, and the semesters are only getting harder

i wanna get in at napa behind hte parts counter and theyre all certified, and they all get paid really well too they star off at 13, at least thats what the human resources manager told me. i was brought in for an interview and di fine to be a stock boy unloading shit from turcks n such, but they didnt want someone part time going to school, they started off at 11.96 a year and a half ago

so is anyone gonna tell me how i can get the book besides calling the number and getting no where? anyone have a book on here i can borrow or buy for a few bucks?

Hey man don’t waste time with the ASE shit. It’s a waste of time. My suggestion to you is go get yourself an engineering degree first. Forget about BA in business. Work in the industry as an engineer for a few years then go for an MBA.