Aspiring mechanic

Ok guys from my time here on SON ive realized that alot of you seem to be mechanics. I am doing a mechanic program rightn now and its not co-op.

That means i have to find a job on my own and its proving to be very difficult .
I have a lot of basic knowledge and have always been a do it yoursef type of guy .

I was wondering what tips u guys have for getting my foot in the door!!
Maybe even some known businesses that hire apprentices.

Any help would be deeply appreciated Very Happy

(How about giving me a chance to fix my avatar before!! you lock the dam thread man… geezz) :o

no

if it was one of ur buddies on the forum it wouldnt be a problem

theres like one certified mechanic on this board, and im not even sure if he is one.

i know of one shop, here in Milton looking for a mechanic. Basically its just you and the owner. Hes looking for somebody to take over the shop. Its mainly a rad and gas tank shop, but they do everything else aswell. Its a cash job as far as i know…hes not a class A mechanic but has owned his own shop for 20 years…and has has a race car since the late 80’s…but retired last year

if it was one of ur buddies on the forum it wouldnt be a problem[/quote]
Marc has no friends.

if it was one of ur buddies on the forum it wouldnt be a problem[/quote]Guess again.

Now back on topic.

original nutta is more certified than a canadian tire mechanic.

where abouts is milton? im not too familiar with many areas i live in toronto so i need something in reasonable distance im really! interested tho