Need a hand get a career jumpstart

Sorry guys i coudlnt find the appropriate place to put this and this was the closest thing. I am trying to get a start on my carreer in the automotive field as a mechanic. i am find it pretty damn hard to find a job even as lube bitch at a shop…why they are looking for people with 2 or more years under thier belt…

i just finished my 1st year at centennial college for the auto teh program…only thing is…how do i register to become an apprentice…ive also heard in order to be an apprentice you need to be hired to be one…how is that gunna work? :hmm …any help from you guys would be awsome…i really wasnt to learn and excell in my career and hopefully open a shop :slight_smile:

any help and or advice from you guys would be awsome…

cheers,
Jun

are you in the co-op program??
couple of guys in my work are aprentices, and taking the centennial autotech program.

you get registered as a apprentice when your done your program. the shop your working for will have the contact to get you started.

http://www.tada.ca/ - send out your resume on this site. Your bound to get some response soon.

what area are you looking in??

im looking just to start of whch is porlly lube and work my way up from there…

you have to have a sponsor (employed at a shop) to become a registered apprentice.

I am an apprentice right now but soon to be liscanced becasue im elible for my test. and i did my schooling at centennial too.

Its not that hard to find a job, your either being too picky or not handing out enough resumes. even if you get hired at a place you dont wanna work at just do it anyways, and then move to somewhere you wanna be at later…because right now you dont have anything to put on your resume. get your foot in the door somewhere so you can get the ball rolling on your schooling and gain experiance etc. You an always move on down the road when you HAVE the experiance…thats why toolboxes have wheels

mr. lube is always hiring.
work there for the summer, then look for a different place later
no tools needed to start.

CT is crap, walmart is crap

DVP toyota is hiring, Scarborotown chrysler , Audi @ hwy7 and warden - not busy because its a new dealer, Scarsview chrysler is hiring

these places i know because all my friends have moved in and out of them.

hope you find a place, it ain’t hard

question Do you have to go school to be an aprentice??:drivin

no, you can go straight into the workfield. You register as a apprentice after. Then if you want they’ll send you to apprentice school. lvl I, lvl II…

so there’s 2 ways, either go to school before registering as apprentice, or register apprentice first and go to school 1 day /wk, or 2 months then work again.

go to the ministry of training to register as an apprentice and go to the ymca too, they give you up to $400 for tools. ministry of training allows you to have a $800 interest free loan during you apprenticeship. I think its better to get an apprenticeship before you go to school for it.this way you can try out the job and make money before spending money on it. also when your a registered apprentice you get laid off so you can go to school and still get paid. the ymca has a program called jobconnect they will help you with your resume and help you find a job, and when you do, they will pay $4/hr of your wage.

I want to go to learn to do my own work on my car. where else can regester other than YMCA