Asus A8n32 sli motherboard/ windows xp install

I’d like to pay someone to help me install windows on a new PC I just built and learn a few things rather than take it some where to pay a silly amount to learn nothing. This is not a typical windows install. Ive tried windows xp sp1 and sp2 and also windows 2003 server and nothing. Ive tried to load the Sata controller drivers on the Mobo as well with no luck. Ive tried to install on a fresh 40GB IDE HDD w/no Sata controllers enabled in the BIOS so i can Ghost that image onto the Sata Drive I have here. I have good knowledge of computers (hardware/ software) but I have run out of options. Linux will load and I ran a memtest on 4 sticks of RAM I have.

So if someone wants to make a few bucks and help me out in the process that would be great. I need this PC running by friday. I will also pay for gas too.

If interested give me a call

-Jarrod 578-6898

You might want to tell us what the problem is.

Whats the error you get with windows?

Nothing man thats the thing, it runs to the blue setup screen and then says “loading windows setup” and never gets to the user agreement screen, just a black screen and sits there until i reboot. I then try this process over but by pressing F7 to force a bypass on the HAL and then (only with windows xp SP2 disc) formats the HDD and then goes to the windows install screen for a few mins and looks to be installing when all of a sudden it says “Product catalog missing” I click more info and it tells me there is an error in the I386 folder which would make sense because the win xp SP2 disc I have is a copied version… Student edition, might not be legit. Other than that the other legit OS discs I have; xp home upgrade sp1 disc and Server 2003 disc do not seen to work properly. Maybe I just need to get a hold of a Legit copy of Windows SP2

thanx guys, hope i didnt complicate things

I think I’ve got a legit version of XP professional for you to try. If it works it’ll be your birthday present lol.

it shouldnt matter whether or not the disc is burned

if you need help…PM me. I have software if needed so there should not be a problem. I ran into an issue such as you are describing before.

plug the sata harddrive into the Nforce 4 on board raid card. go through the setup make it see the drive and has it set to boot.

try windows Sp2 disk. IT doesn’t matter what verison of windows you have legit, hack, black windows xp. it will work. Windows SP2 is the good option since it is the newest windows XP.

with Nforce4 there is no need for

Cause guess what Nforce4 drivers are already included in windows xp sp2…

more questions… Have you used Sata drives, and are you familiar with them?

haha dumb ass.

No this will be my first Sata drive

So ur saying to input the Sata HDD into the Raid controller on the mobo? if so why? I’m not going to use RAID

with sata you have to go through something, you don’t have to use raid… and Nforce4 is really quick, in the Nforce4 set up you set it as jbod, raid 0 and then make sure its a boot drive…

it would probably be easier to IM me, at … ilcisdead. and i can explain

dan knows his shit with all this hardware, and hes always willing too help

Some do, I have a great copy of Windows XP SP2 thats a burnt image. You can boot it but it will not install unless a legit copy was first started the install. Weird I know…

Anywho, sounds like your problem got resolved anyways

if u have a raid controller, why not use it?

not solved yet but still in the works