ATTN: 2011 Mustang and GT500 Nutswingers (Shaggy)

A huge flop? Considering they are the least expensive, highest quality, best handling, and best performing pony car out there right now? I doubt you, completely. Hell the car even out performs the new M3.

This.

I’d still buy the M3.

then go buy one.

That’s where price gets you. I’d like the M3, but it costs roughly twice as much as the Mustang.

Ok BRB.

One can argue the M3 uses better materials. Although having been in both and was seriously considering buying the M3, the difference is not 2x as great. If you’re a performance enthusiast I can see the cross shop.

The true reason why the M3 is a lot more expensive than the Mustang GT is BMW’s inefficient methods of sourcing materials, and more expensive labor costs. Heck both cars even ride similar.

From an end user perspective the M3 appears to be better built, but from a supply stand point the cost difference of the M3 materials and a Mustang GT is neglibible. BMW just has a lot more profit going into their car, whereas Ford is making their money off of volume.

A huge flop? Considering they are the least expensive, highest quality, best handling, and best performing pony car out there right now? I doubt you, completely. Hell the car even out performs the new M3.

Better handling? I thought the last side by side testing results showed the camaro was still better in all performance categories??

F CamEro’s

Wonder when they will stop making this model and replace it with a new SSR. Maybe just maybe it will be a electronic Volt SSR, Yah! Then they will price it around 60,000 similar to the SSR when it first came out (Around 45-50, but with it being electronic that’s were you get the 10k price jump).
Business will be booming again for GM soon I CAN FEEL IT!

Couldn’t have said it better myself

https://youtu.be/GFV1vQwMlpU

it is, but since it’s the first time in 2 decades that the mustang comes somewhat remotely close to the camaro in performance, it is considered a win for the mustang out of pity.

and again… the past 15 months, the camaro has outsold the mustang 12 out of those 15 months. Including last month, even with the “big bad 5.0” being back.

The camaro is still beating the mustang on the track and on the sales board. get over it. just because some shop stripped a mustang down, put racing wheels on it, and did every bolt on to it to make it a 10 second car doesn’t make the stock mustang is any faster.

wow such a sensitive subject here. Funny is they are looking at redesigning the chassis once again so looks like 2012 will be a 6th gen just to fix all the issues with the 5th gen. Ppl are complaining on how shitty the interior is, how shitty the suspension design is and how heavy the car is. This can be read in GM hightech as a report

Seems as camaro sales are cause of the power plant and the NAME but that only goes so far. The mustang has always outsold the camaros

I believe one magazine showed the Camaro out pacing the Mustang, but everything else has shown the Mustang as a better handling car, and even draws major comparisons to the BMW M3.

I think the same review youre talking about was the one that was posted on here. Which I believe was against a base model Mustang GT that lacked its brembo brake package.

Keep in mind, Ford did have a supply issue with the Mustang GT when it first came out, they did not have enough wheels, so sales were slightly short on it.

If you look at current trends, Ford should be outselling the Camaro by about 1.5:1.

I’m not a fan boy of either, but I haven’t really seen any LS3 Camaros clicking off mid 12 second stock quarter mile times, or hitting over 1.08 on the skid. Nor is it putting down the braking, slalom, or road course times the new MGT is.

GM went wrong with the Camaro, by making it too heavy. I’m sorry, but according to the majority of all of the benchmarks, as well as real world numbers out there, the new Camaro SS is slightly inferior to the 2011 Mustang GT.

But at the end of the day, buy what you enjoy the most. Just don’t let your loyalties fool you.

hopefully someone with some taste will come in GM and fuckin fire the designers of this car because just as soon as u think it cant get any uglier they out do thereselves

Die hard GM fan that is :rofl:

When you buying a 2011 5.0 sammy :kiss:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ponyguy/2010camarowt.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ponyguy/2010camarowt2.jpg

Confirming earlier rumors of a “heritage edition” of the new 2011 Camaro that would appeal directly to their largest fan base, deep sources inside GM have signaled that the Camaro WT is indeed headed for production later this summer.

Available on both the V6 and SS models, the WT package will celebrate the look and theme that has appealed to thousands of Camaro owners and fans in modestly priced neighborhoods and manufactured home developments. The decision was made after initial market launch of the new 2011 Camaro was not bringing enough brand loyalists into the dealerships.

“It was a controversial subject in our meetings”, says our inside source at GM. “Do we really go for it and offer straight from the factory the genuine article? Or do we let time and the JC Whitney’s of the world take their course. Many people were against the WT package, wanted to keep the new model clean of its past. In the end we need to sell cars and we think the WT edition will speak to the soul of our Camaro buyer base. It was time get honest with ourselves. It was come to Jesus time for us ”.

Similar to the concept photos shown, the production version of the new WT edition will feature mis-matched body panels in most factory colors. A new matte clear coated “distressed” primer finish unique to the WT package will also be randomly applied to various panels using a new patented paint process at the Ontario, Canada production facility. Wheels will include a variety of up to 3 different 20” styles randomly installed on the production line as well. Attention was paid to assure that wheel weights were all different to assure a genuine WT driving experience that Camaro loyalists will expect.

“We are able to create these unique cars pretty easily in our plant by simply changing the computer programming on the line. We mix up the wheels, doors, hoods, and other body panels randomly and bolt them on. Every car will be different, further making the WT package more desirable to our customers,” said our inside source. Each WT Camaro will come with a numbered plaque on the console, though GM is not planning to limit production.

Inside, the WT package will feature a unique leatherette upholstery with pre-printed tears and duct tape patches. The Camaro design team wanted to use genuine duct tape for seating surfaces but they found durability issues that might create warranty hassles. In addition GM worked with 3M to create the new leatherette material which is resistant to minor burns caused by a cigarette cherry for example.

A roll of genuine GM logo duct tape will come in the trunk of every WT Camaro to allow customers to customize their car however. There will also be a selection of “heritage” graphics packages buyers can have dealer installed to further personalize their Camaro.

Other standard items in the package include the smokers group which replaces cup holders with a large ashtray. Inside the console storage compartment is a cooler that can hold a six pack of 12oz cans. An enlarged locking glove box with thick foam floor will now accommodate most handguns and an extra ammunition clip without rattling around.

if i cant afford a zo6 i just might take the plunge.