ATTN: Bike owners.

I’m thinking about getting a cheap bike… like an enduro or an old Ninja 250. Any suggestions?

I can get my friend’s mid-70s Yamaha enduro for $400… all it needs is a battery and a turn signal.

i wouldnt get that mid 70s bike, a 250 is the perfect starter bike for you.

are there any local bike forums?

(not for me to whore up…i’ll keep that here… :D)

The Ninja 250’s are the best beginner bike out. Many of my friends have started on them.

even though i started on a 750 :hs:

www.goldentriangleriders.com
www.sbw.sportbikes.com
www.sportbikes.net
www.stuntlife.com
www.cbrworld.net

i <3 www.r1forums.com

like i said before how much you looking to spend and what exactly you looking in a bike

cheap. something to learn on. i don’t want it to be anywhere near fast.

even the little 250 ninja is pretty quick compared to the some other style bikes. money wise, look on ebay they got alot of deals. or head up to cycle recyclers they got biek but some are beat as fuck, norms in homestead or road rash in youngwood.

finding a biek for a grand is possible but if your willing to do work on it yourself

250s seem to hold their value for some odd reason

Should I rule out enduros? If so, why?

(I don’t know dick about anything bike related)

you can learn on one but it depends on what type of style of riding you plan on doing. each style of bike handles completely differently. once you get teh princple of one you can adapt to the other.

i plan on using the bike for transportation when i don’t have to deliver. it only has to be fast enough to keep up with traffic.

it all depends on what style you are looking for to. i like supersport bikes. some ppl liek sport touring, others like cruisers. all depends on you

get a 250. great little bikes and they’ll run 14’s in the 1/4. they can be had cheap(1-2k) and will get you through your first riding season and lay down a great foundation for riding. i dont know if anyone from gtr(goldentriangleriders.com) is selling any 250’s now but you could sign up and post about it. someone might know someone that is selling one.

250 ninjas are a joke dont even waste your time…they are weak as fuck. It will be fun for about the first 10 minutes you own it. That and youre going to look silly riding it…some people (such as me) will be pointing fingers, laughing, and calling it a chicks bike. I started out on a 2000 Yamaha R6… after a month i was bored with it. I would say at least start out with a 500 Ninja if youre that scared. Just remember its only going to go as fast as you twist the throttle. Get a helmet, gloves, and a nice riding jacket.

yes they are alittle slow but you can get them to hang in corners if your really pushed it, the bike doesnt make the rider the rider makes the bike. that bike will be good for him, remeber he drives a prism

Also:

www.cycleforums.com

I’d at least get a Ninja 500, I’d be worried on the parkway or the interstate on a 250. You could do what I did and just jump on a 1000 as your first ride. (I only dropped it once so far) :doh: :cool:

i wish i would have bought the 929rr for my first bike like i wanted to origionally until i let a bunch of pussies talk me out of it and bought that stupid 600.

if you’re interested my sister is selling an '01 500R Ninja for what’s left on the balance. i think it’s got like 3700-3800 miles on it, and a Vance and Hines exhaust… i can get some pics and more info on it if you’d like…