ATTN Biker guys

So I may have a deal on a 1999 Katana 600 for $2500

it’s got 12K miles on it and is apparently in mint condition with just like 1 scratch on it. Its all black and pretty pimp i must say.

you guys think this is a good deal. It’s a starter bike as i’ve never riden a street bike before but i thought i’d check with the guru’s here to see what ya think.

plus anyone know the MPG on a bike like this?

kbb it…but it seems like a good price especially with some of the crazy prices people ask for bikes on here.

seems alright…mileage is ehh but it’s a 1999 so what ya gonna do. but for 2500, that’s not bad.

dude paulo hit it up!! i pick up my yami r6 sunday… we could cruise then

id give the guy like 2200. miles are not too high for the year of the bike. if you add all of the months togther on my bike im almost close to riding one full season and i have 4200miles. i personally dont like katanas but if go for it with the price just to save the gas milage

prolly 40 mpg… try to get it for like 2-2200 its always good to talk down a bit, but thats an excellent starter bike, especially for around town type of riding…

yeah i’ll try to talk him down a bit more but he seems pretty firm on the price.

i do like the bike but i’ll most likely only keep it for a year (hence starter bike) and get something nicer.

saving on gas would be wonderful this of year. recalls thread about $4/gal this summer

Tyler, you bet ur ass we’ll be riding together bitch!

my buddy has a 2005 kawasaki ninja x-6 r (or what ever they are called) he said he would get 200 miles to the tank after beating on it the entire time… i think there somehting like a 5 gallon tank…so you do the math…im just gonna love the sweet gas millage

not a fan of katanas… but whatever floats ur boat… i bet hes asking like $8K for the "Z"X-6R

I have a katana, mine’s a 2005, my buddy’s got a 1998. If you want to be the fastest bike around, this isnt the bike for you. If you want something comfortable that gets you around and is still fun to ride then it will be good. I got mine last year, and plan on upgrading this year or next. I still enjoy it but it’s time for me to move on. When you get it and need someone to go riding with get ahold of me, i ride like 24/7, and i’m always lookin for more people to ride with.

I have a katana, mine’s a 2005, my buddy’s got a 1998. If you want to be the fastest bike around, this isnt the bike for you. If you want something comfortable that gets you around and is still fun to ride then it will be good. I got mine last year, and plan on upgrading this year or next. I still enjoy it but it’s time for me to move on. When you get it and need someone to go riding with get ahold of me, i ride like 24/7, and i’m always lookin for more people to ride with. and yeah about 40mpg

I think you’ll get sick of it real quick. Learning to ride doesnt take that long and you’ll want something “cool” to fit in. Just dont go doin dumb shit till you have MASTERED the art of riding. Its the same thing i did bought an old Katana “to learn” on lasted me a month then got a different bike, that also lasted bout a month, then bought a Gixxer loved it got scared dumped it sold it-I live.