attn everyone

that would be interesting, but we wouldnt want any databases to be…missing:p

i wish i could make it up to the BBQ… :frowning:

Originally posted by vtecsol
sam had a pretty good idea with the possable joining of the 2 sites from what i can see most of the people jump from one board to the next anyway

I am not in anyway saying to combine them. I am saying get a good affiliation with them so on days we want to rent the track, dyno, etc. we can have more people put in money making it cheaper for everyone in the long run.

personally i don’t see the need to have tech write ups and shit like that on pittspeed. if you have something cool you found on another site, post it here, but to do whole write up articles is kind of pointless. every type or car already has a forum devoted to it. ls1tech for all the mullets, dsmtalk for all the lame koreans, freshalloy for the super cool nissan guys :bigok: .

there is definitely a lot of flaming, but thats kind of what makes this site actually fun to read. i do like the idea of an on topic section.

the idea with pittracing would kind of make sense. why not just make it one board?

Originally posted by rusty240det
personally i don’t see the need to have tech write ups and shit like that on pittspeed. if you have something cool you found on another site, post it here, but to do whole write up articles is kind of pointless. every type or car already has a forum devoted to it. ls1tech for all the mullets, dsmtalk for all the lame koreans, freshalloy for the super cool nissan guys :bigok: .

there is definitely a lot of flaming, but thats kind of what makes this site actually fun to read. i do like the idea of an on topic section.

the idea with pittracing would kind of make sense. why not just make it one board?
woooooooooohoooooooooooo u said it:bigok: :bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

dsmtalk=the ricers who cant get on nabr…freshalloy=the future dsmtalk…

dont be hatin on koreans fool:p

Originally posted by rusty240det

Thats true, mostly everyone post on both boards, however i can see problems occuring with this, for one, i have never met whitey or really anyone else on this board minus a few people. Also, everyone is talking about flameing and all that other bullshit that is discussed, that was a problem with my board too, but i made a big anouncement saying that i was sick of it and it has pretty much come to a end. Most people on this forum remember PSR, that was a fucking bash heaven, shit, remember when i first posted on there, yea my site was pretty cheeks but u get my point. I like doing event coverage and next year i plan on covering all the auto x events, PRP events, and shows…so i don’t want to loose all that by combining sites. However, i would be interested in boards combining, because most ppl post on both anyways. If this were to happen this is what i would want, Whitey and Me be the only admin’s with the same powers (this is because whitey is the only one i have talked to). And then i will also say we each get to pick 3-4 of our own moderators. Also, i would want heavy moderation and pruning, im not scared to fucking ban ppl for acting stupid. We won’t be able to end all flaming but we could shrink it down to a minimum. Its a lot better to go to a board that has quality threads where u can learn shit as opposed to a board with a bunch of flaming and nonsense. I can gaureentee you that the board with the quality threads will grow, the board with the useless shit will have the same fucking ppl over and over again…

Whitey - PM me if you would be interested in something like this…

PS: My forums also hold meets every month during the summer, we can get a average of 40-70 ppl there depending on how good the night is, almost no one from this forum goes there…imagine how big of turnouts we could get if we partnered up…i have always felt like we r rivals since back in the PSR days

bump

i don’t really know if strict ass rules are the answer… i mean when car season is upon us i’ll get more ‘on-topic’ if you want to meet people start talking to them and get out and meet them. i’m sure once the spring is here we’ll all be out.

Originally posted by turbovw18
i don’t really know if strict ass rules are the answer… i mean when car season is upon us i’ll get more ‘on-topic’ if you want to meet people start talking to them and get out and meet them. i’m sure once the spring is here we’ll all be out.

what are you smoking?

you act like the winter stops from meeting people…

some people are afraid to start their cars past Nov 1st

winter time is the time to relax from our car and enjoy the holidays that are upon us. Its also the time we all go other places beside things that have to deal with cars. As soon as the two biggest holidays are over then its time to get back to racing or ready for racing.:smiley:

There may be a lot of idiots posting stupid shit and hijacking threads but that is going to be on any site. Everyone is going to flame a little here and there but it does get excessive at times. If people would control there itchy keyboard fingers a little more, I think others will be more prone to participate and be useful to the site. Part of the poblem is while there is a lot of nice cars of various makes and models around, the car sceen isn’t as big as other city’s. For me, a mustang guy, there isn’t really any valuable tech info on here for me, I go to brand specific sites that concentrate on my particular type of vehicle. I also am not sure if breaking forums down into vehicles types would work if we don’t have enough members. With that said that doesn’t mean this can’t be a useful site worth browsing. This site can be a valuable tool for local info. I cant tell how many get togethers, shows, etc…I had no clue about until I came on here. I love the idea of a local site. I have mustang friends all over the country that I have met from other sites. Most of them have local sites like this and some of them are pretty nice. Not that the site sucks or anything but with the increasing amount of members, in time if the discrepancies can be addressed, corrected or at least contained this site could really be a lot better and I think we would see a lot more traffic one here. I like the addition of the on topic forum and I have noticed lately things seem to have calmed down a bit. Hopefully this keeps up!

sorry but strict rules on a message board is just going to keep me from even visiting the site.take dsmtalk for example,there so strict there that i just dont go there anymore(that and because i was banned :smiley: ) but even when u did post something worth while on that site everybody would respond with the “use the search function” type of answer.sorry but i think the way pittspeed is right now is cool.its fun and we still get the point across when someone posts something about a car.

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
sorry but strict rules on a message board is just going to keep me from even visiting the site.take dsmtalk for example,there so strict there that i just dont go there anymore(that and because i was banned :smiley: ) but even when u did post something worth while on that site everybody would respond with the “use the search function” type of answer.sorry but i think the way pittspeed is right now is cool.its fun and we still get the point across when someone posts something about a car.
i’m with the azn:bowdown:

Originally posted by brokeasskorean

I don’t think very strict rules r the answer either, but we can’s have people posting pointless shit cause it is boring as fuck to read about, take this for example, this is something i see a lot on this board:

Topic: attn everyone

I am talking about ridding the board of that type of shit, i myself hate dsmtuners/honda-tech, all those places because u always r having to watch what u say, i don’t think there is a problem with telling someone that there is something wrong with their car but don’t leave it at that, tell them y and what they can do to make it better

Originally posted by Hatchin
I don’t think very strict rules r the answer either, but we can’s have people posting pointless shit cause it is boring as fuck to read about, take this for example, this is something i see a lot on this board:

I am talking about ridding the board of that type of shit, i myself hate dsmtuners/honda-tech, all those places because u always r having to watch what u say, i don’t think there is a problem with telling someone that there is something wrong with their car but don’t leave it at that, tell them y and what they can do to make it better

yea thats what i’m saying but the example of the thread u posted is just something that is posted in the e-fighting forum,which is pretty much all it is.

Originally posted by Hatchin

How is that thread pointless? Perhaps an individual would like the attention of the whole group - in order enlighten them as to what he/she believes is everyones sexual preference.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

The role has reversed

for christ sake, stop bringing back dead threads. lol.